+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: West Ham

Re: West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Precisely. You know I've won this one.
    No , I just don't want to waste my evening , I have an interesting boxing documentary to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    How many clubs in the Premier League have seen their crowds decrease after several seasons staying there?
    Current trends suggest none do. Any drops are negligible. The pull of the Premier League is immense. Cardiff vs Huddersfield in the PL brought 30k fans into the ground. A season later and almost 9k less were there for a Championship fixture. It was just over half that PL crowd last November.

The days of Division 1,2,3&4 are almost irrelevant nowadays. The Premier League is the behemoth of English football. That's not to belittle any of the other divisions, but the PL is far bigger now than the 1st Division ever was, by such a huge margin.

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5330963]
    There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that your opinion would happen. You're going by pure gut instinct because you have a downer on our fan base as a whole.

Honestly I can't be arsed

You can get your little book out all day long

If you think success has brought increased crowds to Cardiff city you are ignoring the very facts you like to wax about

15500 v Leeds

Great win

4 days later

And this sort of event has been a regular occurance in this clubs history

Big game .....oh let's have some of that

Few games later ......can't be bothered

Deny it all you want , it's always been the same
    That was 17 years ago. You're using isolated examples. It certainly hasn't been the same over the last decade or so. I've asked you to define success.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No , I just don't want to waste my evening , I have an interesting boxing documentary to watch
    You don't want to waste it trying to find something you won't find.

[QUOTE=Eric the Half a Bee;5330971]

That was 17 years ago. You're using isolated examples. It certainly hasn't been the same over the last decade or so. I've asked you to define success.
    We have had considerable success by our standards since arriving in the championship

Play off finishes

Wembley appearances

Promotion

League Cup Final

FA Cup Final

Our current level of support you think is good ?

Mmmm

You don't want to waste it trying to find something you won't find.
    I can find loads of examples of Cardiff City not getting the support it should . I have given you one you said it was isolated . I am not going to waste any more of my time .

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5330982]

We have had considerable success by our standards since arriving in the championship

Play off finishes

Wembley appearances

Promotion

League Cup Final

FA Cup Final

Our current level of support you think is good ?

Mmmm
    So we didn't have considerable success in our first few seasons, hence the below par crowds.

Define good and compare it with other clubs in a similar situation. Since the FA cup final, we've only averaged less than 18k twice, under Russell Slade and Warnock's first season.

I can find loads of examples of Cardiff City not getting the support it should . I have given you one you said it was isolated . I am not going to waste any more of my time .
    Comparing one offs is a waste of time. I'm looking at season averages.

Comparing one offs is a waste of time. I'm looking at season averages.
    I couldn't care less what you are looking for , you spend more time with statistics than you do watching Cardiff City 😉

I couldn't care less what you are looking for , you spend more time with statistics than you do watching Cardiff City ��
    Here we go, loser's lament. I'm not the only one who has shown your opinion for what it is - bollocks. You won't be shifted in it. That's up to you. But you'll be proved wrong in the future.

I know there's a gut instinct that crowds would drop if we did get relegated, but that doesn't match the statistics.
    Then I'll go with statistics Eric

Here we go, loser's lament. I'm not the only one who has shown your opinion for what it is - bollocks. You won't be shifted in it. That's up to you. But you'll be proved wrong in the future.
    Honestly if you think this is some sort of battle you need to spend more time with the kids

Wether you like it or not Cardiff City have always had wild variations in their support and whilst we know Cardiff City can attract big gates they simply don't stick around .

To make the jump from getting 16 or 17 k home fans to thinking we could command a 40 k home support is shooting ourselves in the foot .

We are not a football city like Southampton , Pompey , Nottingham

That's it , it's a pisser but that's it

Honestly if you think this is some sort of battle you need to spend more time with the kids

Wether you like it or not Cardiff City have always had wild variations in their support and whilst we know Cardiff City can attract big gates they simply don't stick around .

To make the jump from getting 16 or 17 k home fans to thinking we could command a 40 k home support is shooting ourselves in the foot .

We are not a football city like Southampton , Pompey , Nottingham

That's it , it's a pisser but that's it
    The jump isn’t from 16k to 40k but from 32k to 40k.

No one’s saying we’d get 40k in the Championship but we could with a sustained period in the Premier League.

It's impossible to predict and we can only have our opinions on it.

Our fanbase has changed somewhat over the last 20 years. We've lost fans due to the red shirt fiasco, fans will come and go for various reasons, but we've had a stable number of around 16k since the days of Russell Slade, which could be better, but is a figure we've improved on with promotion and I think we'll do better than that again this season. I assume the figure of around 13k season tickets is about right. I don't think that would be affected all that much.

I'm looking at attendance figures of teams that have been Championship regulars when they've gone down to League 1. If there's been a drop in attendance, it's been the season a club has been relegated, more often than a drop the season afterwards in League 1. Several sides have seen crowds improve after relegation. Not too many clubs see a drop in crowds, any drops seem to be no more than around 2k.

Last season we managed an average attendance of just shy of 19k in a season where we were utter shit and struggled at the bottom. This season we look set to have similar crowds. I know there's a gut instinct that crowds would drop if we did get relegated, but that doesn't match the statistics.
    I think we averaged over 19,000 last year , however some websites divided our total attendances by 23 games when in-fact we played 2 matches with no fans ( thanks to Drakeford) which is why it appears our average is lower