+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Transfer- the emiliano sala story- new 9 part podcast on bbc sounds

Transfer- the emiliano sala story- new 9 part podcast on bbc sounds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/p...n=share-mobile

Haven't seen this mentioned yet but they certainly advertising it a lot at the moment.

Re: Transfer- the emiliano sala story- new 9 part podcast on bbc sounds

All I've seen is that it's 'coming soon' but without any dates as to when.

Got a bad feeling about this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    All I've seen is that it's 'coming soon' but without any dates as to when
    Maybe they are waiting for the outcome to be announced before showing so they can include it in the ending??

Feels far too early for my liking - but I suppose we live in an instant gratification society where patience is a virtue is a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Feels far too early for my liking - but I suppose we live in an instant gratification society where patience is a virtue is a thing of the past.
    Far too early? The tragedy happened three and a half years ago, a man was jailed in November of last year as a result of it and the inquest concluded in March of this year. This is hardly an instant reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Got a bad feeling about this.
    Considering we signed McKay’s sons who are terrible at football, it won’t be a great look for the club, or Warnock and Dalman

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Far too early? The tragedy happened three and a half years ago, a man was jailed in November of last year as a result of it and the inquest concluded in March of this year. This is hardly an instant reaction.
    So everythings sorted and the family’s been compensated...i must have missed that Gunman.

So everythings sorted and the family’s been compensated...i must have missed that Gunman.
    Who are you expecting the family to be compensated by?

What sort of audience would this get ? 50,000 ?

Who are you expecting the family to be compensated by?
    Nantes or CCFC

Nantes or CCFC
    Why?

I mean, it depends how long each episode is, but 9 parts seems a bit excessive..

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I mean, it depends how long each episode is, but 9 parts seems a bit excessive..
    It's quite a story with many facets. Hopefully, the producers of the podcast have engaged in some proper investigative journalism, because the efforts of the local press have been incredibly weak.

It's quite a story with many facets. Hopefully, the producers of the podcast have engaged in some proper investigative journalism, because the efforts of the local press have been incredibly weak.
    I agree on the story, but 9 parts still seems ambitious on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Why?

If my employers have death in service insurance in place for the workforce - then I'm pretty sure football clubs have it too.

If my employers have death in service insurance in place for the workforce - then I'm pretty sure football clubs have it too.
    Which teams' insurance should pay out in this case?

Football clubs pay tens of thousands of pounds a week wages, does your employer do that too?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Which teams' insurance should pay out in this case?
    Is that the Nantes insurers who are saying (I assume) that Emiliano Sala was a Cardiff player at the time of his death and covered by their insurance, or the Cardiff insurers who are saying (again I assume) the opposite. And with either or both accept the CAS ruling in a month or two as the final word on that - or not?

International

No football clubs wouldn't have death in service, the players are on short term contracts, it's down the players to look after themselves and families. And even if we did it would be directly with the insurance company nothing to do with Cardiff City or Nantes!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    No football clubs wouldn't have death in service, the players are on short term contracts, it's down the players to look after themselves and families. And even if we did it would be directly with the insurance company nothing to do with Cardiff City or Nantes!
    Okay I stand corrected.....But I still believe that to do podcasts or make a film before the whole outcome is not cool.

Okay I stand corrected.....But I still believe that to do podcasts or make a film before the whole outcome is not cool.
    Just as obits are already written in the main before an individual dies, the journalist concerned has probably sourced all the material required up until this particular juncture and some extra information will be added after the upcoming decision and before the podcast ends.

So if a club pays out £15m for a player, you don't think that they would want to protect their investment and interests by having the player insured against serious injury or death whilst he is employed by them ? Thats a nonsense to me and as far as I am aware most, if not all, clubs would have this type of cover and automatically add new players to it. That in effect is the crux of the argument here I think, if he was a Cardiff player he would be insured by us and if not he would be insured by Nantes. Who is liable ? Also if you make a claim on an employers insurance, you don't go direct to their insurance company, you submit the claim to the employers and they pass it on.

From several news stories over the past few years my understanding is that the PFA carries insurance for all UK players registered with them and pays out to the player or his/her family in the case of serious injury through to death. Stories like the one below claim that Sala's family would have been entitled to £600k (not sure if true or how a scale of payments is determined) but he hadn't ben registered with them at the time of his death.

The story goes with the line that Cardiff made an admin error which meant the contract and registration were invalid or incomplete. I'm not sure about the Cardiff 'error', but the club has consistently argued that the contract was invalid and had to be amended and re-signed, and that was planned for the day after Sala returned to Cardiff from Nantes.

https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/EP...-error/1109457

'Players are automatically enrolled onto the Professional Footballers’ Association’s pension scheme when they are registered with the Premier League, and that includes a £600,000 fee to relatives for death-in-service.'

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    From several news stories over the past few years my understanding is that the PFA carries insurance for all UK players registered with them and pays out to the player or his/her family in the case of serious injury through to death. Stories like the one below claim that Sala's family would have been entitled to £600k (not sure if true or how a scale of payments is determined) but he hadn't ben registered with them at the time of his death.

The story goes with the line that Cardiff made an admin error which meant the contract and registration were invalid or incomplete. I'm not sure about the Cardiff 'error', but the club has consistently argued that the contract was invalid and had to be amended and re-signed, and that was planned for the day after Sala returned to Cardiff from Nantes.

https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/EP...-error/1109457

'Players are automatically enrolled onto the Professional Footballers’ Association’s pension scheme when they are registered with the Premier League, and that includes a £600,000 fee to relatives for death-in-service.'
    Thanks for clearing that up Jon.