+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Transfer- the emiliano sala story- new 9 part podcast on bbc sounds

Re: Transfer- the emiliano sala story- new 9 part podcast on bbc sounds

So i haven't been following that closely but basically he was signed by Cardiff but not registered to play in the premier league hence why no insurance etc? That correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    If my employers have death in service insurance in place for the workforce - then I'm pretty sure football clubs have it too.
    So that’s insurance rather than compensation then. The question then becomes who are the beneficiaries. Due to the timeframes involved and the nature of the transport used whether correct insurance was is place & expression of wish was in place.

I know my employers/ insurers wouldn’t pay out in these circumstances as the mode of transport would not be approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    So that’s insurance rather than compensation then. The question then becomes who are the beneficiaries. Due to the timeframes involved and the nature of the transport used whether correct insurance was is place & expression of wish was in place.

I know my employers/ insurers wouldn’t pay out in these circumstances as the mode of transport would not be approved.
    So the saga continues Des....which was my point from the start, this is far from over.

So the saga continues Des....which was my point from the start, this is far from over.
    We'll be liable for the fee I reckon.
    Willie McKay arranged that flight and Nantes will always point to the fact that he was the one effectively doing the deal on behalf of Warnock/CCFC.
    McKay should be locked up with the other fella, he wasn't even supposed to be working as an agent at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Willie McKay arranged that flight and Nantes will always point to the fact that he was the one effectively doing the deal on behalf of Warnock/CCFC.
    McKay should be locked up with the other fella, he wasn't even supposed to be working as an agent at that time.
    but McKay arranged the flight on Emiliano's behalf, the club said they would pay for a scheduled flight from CDG airport, so it appears the flight was a arrangement between ES and Mckay

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    but McKay arranged the flight on Emiliano's behalf, the club said they would pay for a scheduled flight from CDG airport, so it appears the flight was a arrangement between ES and Mckay
    Yes, I know McKay's son was messaging ES etc. What I mean is that the flight was arranged from our side of the fence so to speak, so I suspect we'll end up paying Nantes in full and possibly compensation of some sorts to the lad's mum and sister.
    It still shocks me today that he ended up on a two-bit plane with an unqualified pilot!

Y
    It still shocks me today that he ended up on a two-bit plane with an unqualified pilot!
    The private flight business looks murky as hell, shocking that it still goes on

Yes, I know McKay's son was messaging ES etc. What I mean is that the flight was arranged from our side of the fence so to speak, so I suspect we'll end up paying Nantes in full and possibly compensation of some sorts to the lad's mum and sister.
    I don't think that is right.

Mark McKay (Willie's eldest son and a football agent in his own right) was representing Nantes in the Sala transfer. Willie - although disbarred as an agent - was working through his son and seems to have been the main mover in the McKay operation, with Mark as a front.

The flight was organised by Willie McKay. It was either to assist the completion of the contract so the Nantes President and the McKays got paid, or it was because Willie McKay is a warm and selfless human being who goes out of his way to help people at his own expense. McKay claimed the latter in the various hearings. I go with the former.

Warnock may have had a long term relationship with Willie McKay, but at no stage was McKay representing or acting for Cardiff - and certainly not in arranging those flights.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Mark McKay (Willie's eldest son and a football agent in his own right) was representing Nantes in the Sala transfer. Willie - although disbarred as an agent - was working through his son and seems to have been the main mover in the McKay operation, with Mark as a front.

The flight was organised by Willie McKay. It was either to assist the completion of the contract so the Nantes President and the McKays got paid, or it was because Willie McKay is a warm and selfless human being who goes out of his way to help people at his own expense. McKay claimed the latter in the various hearings. I go with the former.

Warnock may have had a long term relationship with Willie McKay, but at no stage was McKay representing or acting for Cardiff - and certainly not in arranging those flights.
    I think the more people that watch this documentary and get to hear as many of the facts as possible the better.

So much conjecture has been thrown around over the past 3 years

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I think the more people that watch this documentary and get to hear as many of the facts as possible the better.

It's a radio podcast, old fruit

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's a radio podcast, old fruit
    View from the Ninian

This is exactly how i see it Jon. Mckay was representing Nantes not City.
    Spedger

McKay WAS involved in arranging those flights if what I've read is true.
    He apparently asked Henderson to take ES to Nantes so he could say his goodbyes etc and then bring him back to Cardiff. As we now know, Henderson in turn appointed his unqualified mate to make the fatal return flight.
    Whilst officially he was apparently representing Nantes, McKay clearly had more involvement than he probably should have done. As did his sons who were at our club at this point! The one was messaging ES offering to help arrange his flights etc.

Anyway, it is a lot of mixed messages and speculation at this point. I hope this podcast involves some deep-diving and can offer more facts. It will certainly be an interesting listen I'm sure.

International

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So if a club pays out £15m for a player, you don't think that they would want to protect their investment and interests by having the player insured against serious injury or death whilst he is employed by them ? Thats a nonsense to me and as far as I am aware most, if not all, clubs would have this type of cover and automatically add new players to it. That in effect is the crux of the argument here I think, if he was a Cardiff player he would be insured by us and if not he would be insured by Nantes. Who is liable ? Also if you make a claim on an employers insurance, you don't go direct to their insurance company, you submit the claim to the employers and they pass it on.
    They would protect themselves yes so money would go to Cardiff City, but death in service goes to the family of the deceased, they wouldn't cover that?

International

From several news stories over the past few years my understanding is that the PFA carries insurance for all UK players registered with them and pays out to the player or his/her family in the case of serious injury through to death. Stories like the one below claim that Sala's family would have been entitled to £600k (not sure if true or how a scale of payments is determined) but he hadn't ben registered with them at the time of his death.

The story goes with the line that Cardiff made an admin error which meant the contract and registration were invalid or incomplete. I'm not sure about the Cardiff 'error', but the club has consistently argued that the contract was invalid and had to be amended and re-signed, and that was planned for the day after Sala returned to Cardiff from Nantes.

https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/EP...-error/1109457

'Players are automatically enrolled onto the Professional Footballers’ Association’s pension scheme when they are registered with the Premier League, and that includes a £600,000 fee to relatives for death-in-service.'
    OK fair enough I didn't know that but that sounds realistc. I didn't think the club it self would give players death in service benefits, why would they? But they would insure the players themselves as an asset of the club.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

The BBC like to take a view and shape the documentary to that stance, I suppose we will have to wait and see whch way they decide to go.

I listend to the shreds a murder in the docks that was very good, hopefully they fully investigate Mckays involvement.

International

Nantes or CCFC
    What for? People die in tragic circumstances every day. If anyone should give compensation it should be the people responsible for the unlawful flight, and that is definitely not Cardiff City?

International

If my employers have death in service insurance in place for the workforce - then I'm pretty sure football clubs have it too.
    But that is normal business insurance. It isn't "Compensation" which implies responsibility.

starts 10th aug

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    What for? People die in tragic circumstances every day. If anyone should give compensation it should be the people responsible for the unlawful flight, and that is definitely not Cardiff City?
    Keep up at the Back XShaggle.....read the posts.

International

Keep up at the Back XShaggle.....read the posts.
    Oh I do, trust me Pisperer!

9 parts ?

Oh I do, trust me Pisperer!
    Really!!!! So why asked when it's been covered?

International

Really!!!! So why asked when it's been covered?
    Oooooo you are upset aren't you? don't like being questioned? Big deal lol

Oooooo you are upset aren't you? don't like being questioned? Big deal lol
    More bored than upset