+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Double Glazing

Re: O/T Double Glazing

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Educate me then? Are companies putting windows in that are 30-40mm short? When they come out, they measure up, it's in their interests to do so.
    This has always been my experience of the situation. Even on a new build extensions where I obviously build the openings spot on as per drawing the openings are measured prior to manufacture.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    This has always been my experience of the situation. Even on a new build extensions where I obviously build the openings spot on as per drawing the openings are measured prior to manufacture.
    Yeah, what advantage would a window fitter get from putting in under sized windows? ****ing baffled

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, what advantage would a window fitter get from putting in under sized windows? ****ing baffled
    There are obviously standard size openings, 1200 x 900, 1200 x 1200 etc, but good luck to a manufacturer making a batch of windows standard size. We know, in the game, that it doesn’t work that way. They’re very rarely timber nowadays where a chippie could run a plane up the sides......haven’t seen a chippie use a hand plane or saw for that matter. They’d rather pick a rattlesnake up than a tool without a lead or battery

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    There are obviously standard size openings, 1200 x 900, 1200 x 1200 etc, but good luck to a manufacturer making a batch of windows standard size. We know, in the game, that it doesn’t work that way. They’re very rarely timber nowadays where a chippie could run a plane up the sides......haven’t seen a chippie use a hand plane or saw for that matter. They’d rather pick a rattlesnake up than a tool without a lead or battery
    Don't see Timber windows, unless they're hardwood or sash, and they're all double glazed. I can remember putty. Loved the smell of it

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Tbf they did a conservatory for us and the work, buildfinish and communication was excellent all through the job.

After the small deposit they only wanted to be paid when the work was completed and we were happy.

I don’t say they were the cheapest but my experience with them was excellent
    I won't go to them on principle.
    They did my neighbour's conservatory ( a bloody big one!) and sure, it looks ok.
    But they extended their workplace into my garden, not so much as a by-your-leave.
    Not only that, but they had concrete delivered by a lorry with a snorkel thing; it needed to extend its stabalisers, where did they put them?
    Right in the middle of my lawn!. This was in November or December, so the ground was wet, and the stabaliser made a two-foot deep hole in my lawn, so big you could stand in it.
    Even worse, the lorry driver buggered off without saying anything.
    Only when I emailed the office with a pic did the on-site workers actually fill the hole.
    Bastards.

I have always used http://www.misterwindow.co.uk/ excellent customer services and the director is a city fan :)

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I won't go to them on principle.
    They did my neighbour's conservatory ( a bloody big one!) and sure, it looks ok.
    But they extended their workplace into my garden, not so much as a by-your-leave.
    Not only that, but they had concrete delivered by a lorry with a snorkel thing; it needed to extend its stabalisers, where did they put them?
    Right in the middle of my lawn!. This was in November or December, so the ground was wet, and the stabaliser made a two-foot deep hole in my lawn, so big you could stand in it.
    Even worse, the lorry driver buggered off without saying anything.
    Only when I emailed the office with a pic did the on-site workers actually fill the hole.
    Bastards.

Fair enough I’d fkg hate the bastards as well