+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Central station pick-up point?

Central station pick-up point?

I think I know the answer to this but is there a pick-up/drop-off point for Central Station? Obviously the front is out and, from what I can see, you have to pay for the day around the back. I am guessing it uses ANPR so you couldn't just wait for 10 minutes?

Re: Central station pick-up point?

Picking up from town is a nightmare

Last time I picked up the mrs picked her outside Viva Brazil but was nowhere to stop

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I think I know the answer to this but is there a pick-up/drop-off point for Central Station? Obviously the front is out and, from what I can see, you have to pay for the day around the back. I am guessing it uses ANPR so you couldn't just wait for 10 minutes?
    There is a pick up point in the station car park at the back. I think it might even be 20 mins.

Another place to pick up (but not a waiting zone) is opposite the Motorpoint. The little side street allows you to drop people literally at the door of St Davids 2. The parking bays there are for Blue Badge only but ideal for just dropping/picking someone up. Easy access to the Butetown link and out to the link road as well.

a few years ago I went to pick up the Mrs from town and some drunk girl got in the back of the car thinking I was a taxi, then refused to get out.
    Wouldn't believe I wasn't a taxi and demanded I took her to Canton.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    20 minutes free parking for picks up according to the website

I use it regularly to pick my son up from the train

Excellent. Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Picking up from town is a nightmare

Last time I picked up the mrs picked her outside Viva Brazil but was nowhere to stop
    Close shave then.