+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fascism?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fascism?

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Anyone who watched Newsnight could tell she was a raving Marxist. As is Ian Katz, the head of Newsnight. The beeb is Maŕxist to it's core, this is only news worthy because of how rare it is to have a "Conservative" pulling in an impartial direction. The modern Conservative party isn't really that Conservative, it's liberal and have ceded ground in the culture war for years. Bob Wilson hasn't read Fascist intellectuals, i have and the idea that the modern day Conservative party is Fascist is for the birds. It's the stuff of left wing fear mongering from activists on Twitter.
    Are you sure you know what Marxist means? It seems to be a catchall term you use for anyone or anything you don't like.

The idea that the very pro-establishment BBC is marxist to the core is genuinely hilarious.

Yes we know you've read Oswald Mosely's musings and nobody is in the least bit surprised or impressed.
    Of course the current Tory parts aren't fascist, but their actions in a lot of areas are quite possibly enabling some future government to take that dark path.

Re: Fascism?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Are you sure you know what Marxist means? It seems to be a catchall term you use for anyone or anything you don't like.

The idea that the very pro-establishment BBC is marxist to the core is genuinely hilarious.

Yes we know you've read Oswald Mosely's musings and nobody is in the least bit surprised or impressed.
    Of course the current Tory parts aren't fascist, but their actions in a lot of areas are quite possibly enabling some future government to take that dark path.
    There’s a lot of assumptions being made by people in this thread (including by me I’d guess) that they know what living in a fascist state is like - we don’t and I would argue that we may be closer to it than we suspect.

I’ve said before on here that, in the manner of Rick on the Young Ones, I’d use the word “fascist” to describe those who I suspected of being mildly right of centre, but it was a joke which I grew out of decades ago. Reading Lither’s latest contributions, I can only assume that he’s still using “Marxists” in the same manner from the other side of the political fence.