+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fascism?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fascism?

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Ok go through the list I posted and tell me which ones apply to the left and why.
    They all apply to communism. Every one, bar perhaps number 8, where far-left states tended to want to eradicate religion, although in doing so they would become entwined.

I'd recommend reading a few books on the horrors of communism. There are some excellent ones around by Anne Applebaum and Tomothy Snyder. Horrific reading.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    They all apply to communism. Every one, bar perhaps number 8, where far-left states tended to want to eradicate religion, although in doing so they would become entwined.

I'd recommend reading a few books on the horrors of communism. There are some excellent ones around by Anne Applebaum and Tomothy Snyder. Horrific reading.
    Is anybody arguing in favour of communism in this thread? Or, is it that anyone who says they are left of centre politically is now assumed to be a communist?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Is anybody arguing in favour of communism in this thread? Or, is it that anyone who says they are left of centre politically is now assumed to be a communist?
    If you scroll up you can see there was a debate about whether these are fascist traits or traits of all governments or traits of extremists of both left and right..

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    ahem. i said that the list can apply to left and right in equal measure. Doucas asked for examples. now communists are far left, and this list applies to them.

To help you, no one is suggesting anyone is communist, only that communism is another form of fascism.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    ahem. i said that the list can apply to left and right in equal measure. Doucas asked for examples. now communists are far left, and this list applies to them.

To help you, no one is suggesting anyone is communist, only that communism is another form of fascism.
    That post was addressed to James Wales, not you, so why assume I was talking to you?