Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
We should be building a team for Colwill and Davies to shine in. They're the future of the football club. Colwill doesn't look out of place at all playing for Wales (chalk and cheese when you compare him to someone like Levitt) while big money is being offered for Davies.

I hope we keep them, and seeing as he is here, SM finds a way to get the best out of them. Most clubs would absolutely love to have 2 talented home grown lads in their first team that support the club as well.
We should. But Morison's only purpose is to keep his job and if he thinks that'll be too much of a gamble with the squad he's had to put together under the constraints of a pretty poor budget then he'd need to be cold-blooded about it. There's no evidence he's building a team around Davies or Colwill or has ever had any intention, injuries or not.

As for clubs caring about home grown talent that support the club as well, I'm not convinced. I think it's the fans that get emotional about that but clubs just want results and to balance the books. We've just cobbled together another squad.

I love the lad and am always excited to see him play. More so than Colwill but both are more exciting than anyone else on the park in blue.