+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burnley after Isaak Davies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Burnley after Isaak Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good post. Another thing is whether Morison is the type of manager who likes to build a team around one player, some of them don't. It's more about the 'Group' and by god he does love that word. He comes across as the type of bloke who doesn't like an ego, even though he comes across like he has one from time to time.

Davies has something, that's obvious. He likes to get on the ball and run at players, his type make things happen, they get free kicks in good positions, worry defenders who then think twice about venturing forward and committing themselves. It's a natural trait in my opinion, and it should be harnessed and encouraged.
    Pisses me off as well, this ‘new football speak’....the group, the football club, getting a new lad in the building etc

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Pisses me off as well, this ‘new football speak’....the group, the football club, getting a new lad in the building etc
    Yeah, it's ****ing nonsense. I'm not the brightest, but i would say that people who put on this kind of official speak are usually thick as ****. I know people who work in management and they end up developing a stupid ****ing voice and say some really cliched shit. It makes them look incredibly stupid. I reckon it's a lack of confidence.

Yeah, it's ****ing nonsense. I'm not the brightest, but i would say that people who put on this kind of official speak are usually thick as ****. I know people who work in management and they end up developing a stupid ****ing voice and say some really cliched shit. It makes them look incredibly stupid. I reckon it's a lack of confidence.
    It seems it’s the new, young breed of managers who use these phrases as, in their head, it makes them sound intelligent. Big mistake, it makes them sound like daft, boring clones.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It seems it’s the new, young breed of managers who use these phrases as, in their head, it makes them sound intelligent. Big mistake, it makes them sound like daft, boring clones.
    Yup, they sound like David Brent. Neil Harris was David Brent!

Yup, they sound like David Brent. Neil Harris was David Brent!
    I'd love David Brent on the touchline for us! Him and Ted Lasso!