+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Burnley after Isaak Davies

Re: Burnley after Isaak Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    how much do you think we would hold out for? 4-5m?
    can't see us rejecting something like that unfortunately.
    depends how much Burnley want him
    I would say £5mill with add on's, I wouldn't be surprised if Bellamy have convinced Kompany that this is a must signing and they'll be back with a new offer which may go to the end of the window.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I heard at the time that Bobby Decordova-Reid was more than happy to leave.
    Sorry, I missed this last night. Yeah, he was. From memory he put in a request after pre-season after relegation. We need to remember that Callum Paterson fan favourite was our 'striker' during the PL season and ironically, the match that was a must win against an already relegated Fulham where BDR was brought on after Rhys Healey in the 80 something minute was probably a big part in his desire to leave.

I may have got that completely wrong but that's just off the top of my head.

The thing is at Cardiff, when we have someone like BDR, we quite often say things like "not sure what his best position is" or "not sure why we bought him" or we just prefer a lump who runs around a lot and drags an entire defence across the goal line in NFL fashion.

Problem is from the players point of view- how much game time will they get under Morison ?
    As good as everyone rates them they don’t seem to feature highly in the managers eyes

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Problem is from the players point of view- how much game time will they get under Morison ?
    As good as everyone rates them they don’t seem to feature highly in the managers eyes
    Makes you wonder if he’s hoping to sell Colwill, McGuiness and the like as someone else alluded to.

He has already stated that he wouldn't rush them back as they are too important and already publicly said Davies is not for sale

Yes they didn't get as much game time last season as som efans wanted but let's admit that last season was a shit show at all levels

To me he has done nothing since the summer to indicate he doesn't rate them

Davies was ahead of Harris and Watters under Morison last season, and Morison has given him almost all of his first team football - all of it apart from 10 minutes in McCarthy's final match.

If he wasn't injured he'd probably have been playing in the first XI already this season.

I don't see any evidence that he wants to sell Davies, Colwill or McGuiness, only some speculation from people who seem to have an axe to grind.

He's specifically said that Davies and Colwill aren't being rushed back because they are too important for us this season.

Davies was ahead of Harris and Watters under Morison last season, and Morison has given him almost all of his first team football - all of it apart from 10 minutes in McCarthy's final match.

If he wasn't injured he'd probably have been playing in the first XI already this season.

I don't see any evidence that he wants to sell Davies, Colwill or McGuiness, only some speculation from people who seem to have an axe to grind.

He's specifically said that Davies and Colwill aren't being rushed back because they are too important for us this season.
    You could feel the joy of some posters that we lost last night, jumping on as quickly as possible to have a dig. It’s almost as if this doesn’t happen every year lol.

If McGuinness is not getting in the match day squad for league games, is having Denham picked in front of him and was only a sub last night, then I think we’d be okay about him leaving especially now we’ve signed Simpson.

International

He has publicly stated that Davies and Colwill are both going nowhere if he has his way. He said he wants to bring them on.
    He did add a rider of "unless a player come to me and says he wants a move"..... which may be a get-out clause if the club sell!

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    You could feel the joy of some posters that we lost last night, jumping on as quickly as possible to have a dig. It’s almost as if this doesn’t happen every year lol.

It’s that kind of apathy which has got you hoodwinked into accepting such mediocrity from the Btec Mourinho.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    He has publicly stated that Davies and Colwill are both going nowhere if he has his way. He said he wants to bring them on.
    He did add a rider of "unless a player come to me and says he wants a move"..... which may be a get-out clause if the club sell!
    Perhaps the player will want a move because they don’t feel appreciated enough. Let’s be honest Morison hardly endeared himself to Davies with his words at Bournemouth and wether that’s water under the bridge remains to be seen. Some players like an arm around the shoulder and let’s be honest Morison has not been that type of manager this far, quite the opposite. The dressing room will soon turn on a manager if they keep getting scapegoated whilst the manager takes no responsibility. If it was as simple as just saying I can’t tackle for them, I can’t clear for them, I can’t put the ball in the back of the net for them whilst taking no responsibility yourself all managers would be doing it and never getting the sack. That’s not how football operates and Morison should know that.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

It’s that kind of apathy which has got you hoodwinked into accepting such mediocrity from the Btec Mourinho.
    It is what it is, I’m not totally convinced by Morison but in my opinion he deserved his chance. Whoever was manager had a hell of a job rebuilding a squad with next to no money. Time will tell if he’s up to it and if his signings have worked but I’m not going to start moaning and having sly digs on the back of a cup loss.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    It is what it is, I’m not totally convinced by Morison but in my opinion he deserved his chance. Whoever was manager had a hell of a job rebuilding a squad with next to no money. Time will tell if he’s up to it and if his signings have worked but I’m not going to start moaning and having sly digs on the back of a cup loss.
    Sly digs

Dont be so precious.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Perhaps the player will want a move because they don’t feel appreciated enough. Let’s be honest Morison hardly endeared himself to Davies with his words at Bournemouth and wether that’s water under the bridge remains to be seen. Some players like an arm around the shoulder and let’s be honest Morison has not been that type of manager this far, quite the opposite. The dressing room will soon turn on a manager if they keep getting scapegoated whilst the manager takes no responsibility. If it was as simple as just saying I can’t tackle for them, I can’t clear for them, I can’t put the ball in the back of the net for them whilst taking no responsibility yourself all managers would be doing it and never getting the sack. That’s not how football operates and Morison should know that.
    He seemed to have a good relationship with Dramah, maybe he likes players that give their all and follow instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He seemed to have a good relationship with Dramah, maybe he likes players that give their all and follow instructions?
    Are you suggesting Isaak Davies hasn’t given his all in a Cardiff shirt?

He really can't help himself, can he...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rison-24731763

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

what's the problem with any of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

He talks too much. Way too much. Gives too much away. Private stuff. Workplace stuff. Way too much. He just needs to shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    He talks too much. Way too much. Gives too much away. Private stuff. Workplace stuff. Way too much. He just needs to shut up.
    Should have just left it at the Kompany stuff, which I don't agree with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Personally don't have a problem with what SM said - I like his honesty and from what he says he seems to have the best interest of Davies at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Personally don't have a problem with what SM said - I like his honesty and from what he says he seems to have the best interest of Davies at heart.
    I admire your trust and confidence. Don't take any notice of me as I'm a distrusting, cranky, old cynic who sees nothing good in the world or anyone just pain and misery. But hey, that's football!

Nothing. Looks like people have just read the headline and gone nuts.

He hasn’t had any pop at Isaak there at all.

I don’t think SM is faultless but it’s strange how much stick he gets for not giving stock answers when fans have criticised managers for not being open and honest in the past.

Weird.

I know JR has obviously has a valid grievance but hopefully SM can see where he’s going wrong and develop. He’s a brand new manager, and will make lots of mistakes early on.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Nothing. Looks like people have just read the headline and gone nuts.

He hasn’t had any pop at Isaak there at all.

I don’t think SM is faultless but it’s strange how much stick he gets for not giving stock answers when fans have criticised managers for not being open and honest in the past.

Weird.

I know JR has obviously has a valid grievance but hopefully SM can see where he’s going wrong and develop. He’s a brand new manager, and will make lots of mistakes early on.
    Why is it any more weird to criticise than praise or fawn? I think the whole point about Pedro posting that link is that it was a p*ss take on him making mistakes but not learning i.e. he just doesn't shut up. Why do we have to be so in awe of a complete stranger just because some dudes in suits decided he'll manage our team? He's in the public domain. It's part of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    LOL

In front of the media maybe.