+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Burnley after Isaak Davies

Re: Burnley after Isaak Davies

I suspect he was having a go at Davies’ agent. He’s explaining that putting this out publicly does him (Davies) no favours. I don’t have a problem with this although I’m certainly not in SM’s camp.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    LOL

In front of the media maybe.
    If he had a problem with him he would have accepted Burnley F.C’s bid.

I don’t think there’s a lot wrong with what he’s said but if he does rate Isaak he’s had a funny way of showing it up until now that’s all I’m saying.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Nothing. Looks like people have just read the headline and gone nuts.

He hasn’t had any pop at Isaak there at all.

I don’t think SM is faultless but it’s strange how much stick he gets for not giving stock answers when fans have criticised managers for not being open and honest in the past.

Weird.

I know JR has obviously has a valid grievance but hopefully SM can see where he’s going wrong and develop. He’s a brand new manager, and will make lots of mistakes early on.
    Why the bloke from Dallas has a valid grievance, God knows?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    If he had a problem with him he would have accepted Burnley F.C’s bid.
    It’s not up to him to accept anything it’s up to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I suspect he was having a go at Davies’ agent. He’s explaining that putting this out publicly does him (Davies) no favours. I don’t have a problem with this although I’m certainly not in SM’s camp.
    I'm putting you down as a 'maybe' on my obsessively well kept list of believers and non believers who post on this board.

I've got a PowerPoint presentation ready and I've recipes for all kinds of varieties of humble pie

It’s not up to him to accept anything it’s up to the club.
    No it’s not , however , he would have an influence…… That being said the window is still open …….

No it’s not , however , he would have an influence…… That being said the window is still open …….
    It’s not up to the club to accept an offer? I think you’ll find it is.

I don’t think there’s a lot wrong with what he’s said but if he does rate Isaak he’s had a funny way of showing it up until now that’s all I’m saying.
    I don't like you when you're rational and fair!

*not up to Morison *

Maybe one good thing will come out of it and Morison realises he has a little diamond on his hands, who is wanted by other championship
    Clubs and starts showing him a bit more love.

Maybe that’s why Morison got the hump with it being made public, puts a bit of pressure on him.

Maybe one good thing will come out of it and Morison realises he has a little diamond on his hands, who is wanted by other championship

Maybe that’s why Morison got the hump with it being made public, puts a bit of pressure on him.
    Playing him regularly wasn’t he?

The leak could have come from Bellamy allbeit indirectly.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Playing him regularly wasn’t he?
    Mainly as a sub but that’s irrelevant. Managing people is about more than that. Things behind the scenes.

As I’ve said previously some players need an arm around the shoulder. Maybe more do these days. Tough love doesn’t work in 2022. Mourinho and all he was won in the game has found that out a number of times in the last decade.

The leak could have come from Bellamy allbeit indirectly.
    Bellamy probably speaks to Isaak more than Morison does. He’s his hero and mentor.

Bellamy probably speaks to Isaak more than Morison does. He’s his hero and mentor.
    I’ve been told Bellamy still acts as a mentor to a number of his ex youth players from his time here. Some still with Cardiff, some who have moved on. That’s the mark of the man. I wish he was Cardiff City manager. I hope he will be one day.

Mainly as a sub but that’s irrelevant. Managing people is about more than that. Things behind the scenes.

As I’ve said previously some players need an arm around the shoulder. Maybe more do these days. Tough love doesn’t work in 2022. Mourinho and all he was won in the game has found that out a number of times in the last decade.
    You maybe right and he might be a bit delicate but I thought he was using him well last season. Seems to be the trend of a lot of that generation though. If he goes so be it but if he stays I can see him being a regular. Money talks though.

I'm guessing Morison and Gabbidon aren't the closest of pals then...

LOL

In front of the media maybe.
    Yeah you LOL away as you keep saying you have other information to the contrary but isn't the right time to disclose so good for you - so pleased for you

Me I will form my judgements on the evidence I do know about and hopefully we will go our seperate ways 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Yeah you LOL away as you keep saying you have other information to the contrary but isn't the right time to disclose so good for you - so pleased for you

Me I will form my judgements on the evidence I do know about and hopefully we will go our seperate ways 👍
    There’s no need to be upset

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm guessing Morison and Gabbidon aren't the closest of pals then...
    I have spoken to Gabb’s recently, I’m guessing you’re correct

Allegedly, Bobby Reid was seeing one of the other player's partners, so had to go sharpish
    Last edited by tomcat; 11-08-22 at 18:31. Reason: Typoe

There’s no need to be upset
    Upset about what? Difference of opinion? There we are then

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Personally don't have a problem with what SM said - I like his honesty and from what he says he seems to have the best interest of Davies at heart.
    Southampton and Brentford are also interested in him , but I know Brentford have signed Lewis-Potter for £17m.

If Lewis Potter is £17m then Davies is worth more than £2.5m

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Allegedly, Bobby Reid was seeing one of the other player's partners, so had to go sharpish
    If that's the reason he changed his name, he didn't do a very good job.