+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Burnley after Isaak Davies

Burnley after Isaak Davies

- Cardiff City have rejected a £2.5million Burnley bid for forward Isaak Davies. ❌

- The Bluebirds want a higher fee for the 20-year-old, who is a Wales Under-21 international. ��

https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...-isaak-davies/

Re: Burnley after Isaak Davies

wow that's a surprise.
    I hope we keep him though.

Very hit and miss that Football Insider page isn't it. If it is true, a large part of me is surprised we haven't accepted that sort of money for him.

The Craig Bellamy effect?

For a young forward who has barely broken into a Championship first team - and in the post Covid transfer market - an opening offer of £2.5m (if any of this is true) is an indication of how highly Bellamy and the Burnley analysts rate Davies. I hope we keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    wow that's a surprise.
    Bellamy's influence I would imagine, if it's true of course

Strange one if true.

He looked decent at times but was really looking forward to seeing how he and Colwill got on this season with perhaps a bit more possession. Shame neither have had any pre season.

Was hard to judge them properly last season given the dire performances of some around them and the general apathy.

Decent fee, I’m surprised we have turned it down although could be holding out for more.

Hoping it could mean an opportunity to spend a bit more on a new striker

That website is more miss than hit, Id take whatever they say with a pinch of salt

They got the scoop from Pete O'Rourke who I thought was pretty good with these things.

If there's any truth in it then I would have thought Bellamy would have sounded out Isaak D first which would mean he's open to a move.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

For a young forward who has barely broken into a Championship first team - and in the post Covid transfer market - an opening offer of £2.5m (if any of this is true) is an indication of how highly Bellamy and the Burnley analysts rate Davies. I hope we keep him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    If there's any truth in it then I would have thought Bellamy would have sounded out Isaak D first which would mean he's open to a move.
    Am I right in thinking he'd need permission to speak to him officially?

I'd be gutted if he does leave before we get to see him and Colwill playing alongside this new team.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    It would seem a lot of money to turn down, particularly as it might fund a proven striker or 2 on loan. If there is any truth in it I hope the club doesn't shoot itself in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    When has following rules ever been part of Bellamy's make-up though?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Officially then yes.....but a call off your old mentor perhaps not.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    That website is more miss than hit, Id take whatever they say with a pinch of salt
    Serious question JR. Do you think he should go? My feeling is he should as I think it would be better for him and Colwill to leave. Of course I don't want that to happen from a City point of view, but just sticking a football hat on for a moment, what are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It would seem a lot of money to turn down, particularly as it might fund a proven striker or 2 on loan. If there is any truth in it I hope the club doesn't shoot itself in the foot.

I agree. From a financial point of view, that's a big offer to us for Davies if true.

I don't think it is a lot of money in today's market....let's look at around £6mill and you'll get the clubs attention.

It's this line of thinking that's got the club in a mess in the first place

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

I think you are right, he looks to me like he could make a really good player, we need a striker this could be the season he comes good, i would be gutted of we sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Serious question JR. Do you think he should go? My feeling is he should as I think it would be better for him and Colwill to leave. Of course I don't want that to happen from a City point of view, but just sticking a football hat on for a moment, what are your thoughts?
    Im staying tight lipped for the moment. Dont want to upset the happy clappers on here who thinks Steve Morison shits rainbows.

I'm still not sure if hes best position is as a striker or a winger, however I am sure that we should keep him and develop his talents further

2.5 Million is a lot in these times I'd sell for 5 million with add on's if Burnley won the League ?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Im staying tight lipped for the moment. Dont want to upset the happy clappers on here who thinks Steve Morison shits rainbows.
    Fair enough. I get that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    wow that's a surprise.
    Jesus wept. From my early days of supporting City and the selling of Toshack onwards, we have nearly always sold our best up n' coming players. So an emphatic 'NO' from me. We need to build for the future. Davies and Colwill are OUR future. I'd rather Morison go than Davies, or Colwill, come to that. Definitely a huge leapt backwards for us, if either or both go.