+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Burnley after Isaak Davies

Re: Burnley after Isaak Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good post. Another thing is whether Morison is the type of manager who likes to build a team around one player, some of them don't. It's more about the 'Group' and by god he does love that word. He comes across as the type of bloke who doesn't like an ego, even though he comes across like he has one from time to time.

Davies has something, that's obvious. He likes to get on the ball and run at players, his type make things happen, they get free kicks in good positions, worry defenders who then think twice about venturing forward and committing themselves. It's a natural trait in my opinion, and it should be harnessed and encouraged.
    Pisses me off as well, this ‘new football speak’....the group, the football club, getting a new lad in the building etc

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Pisses me off as well, this ‘new football speak’....the group, the football club, getting a new lad in the building etc
    Yeah, it's ****ing nonsense. I'm not the brightest, but i would say that people who put on this kind of official speak are usually thick as ****. I know people who work in management and they end up developing a stupid ****ing voice and say some really cliched shit. It makes them look incredibly stupid. I reckon it's a lack of confidence.

Yeah, it's ****ing nonsense. I'm not the brightest, but i would say that people who put on this kind of official speak are usually thick as ****. I know people who work in management and they end up developing a stupid ****ing voice and say some really cliched shit. It makes them look incredibly stupid. I reckon it's a lack of confidence.
    It seems it’s the new, young breed of managers who use these phrases as, in their head, it makes them sound intelligent. Big mistake, it makes them sound like daft, boring clones.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It seems it’s the new, young breed of managers who use these phrases as, in their head, it makes them sound intelligent. Big mistake, it makes them sound like daft, boring clones.
    Yup, they sound like David Brent. Neil Harris was David Brent!

They have just sold Cornet so this may have legs
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62483835

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    They have just sold Cornet so this may have legs
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62483835
    then they must have plenty of cash to spend

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    then they must have plenty of cash to spend
    They had to pay back a 65m loan as a result of relegation, so they won't be that flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    We should. But Morison's only purpose is to keep his job and if he thinks that'll be too much of a gamble with the squad he's had to put together under the constraints of a pretty poor budget then he'd need to be cold-blooded about it. There's no evidence he's building a team around Davies or Colwill or has ever had any intention, injuries or not.

As for clubs caring about home grown talent that support the club as well, I'm not convinced. I think it's the fans that get emotional about that but clubs just want results and to balance the books. We've just cobbled together another squad.

I love the lad and am always excited to see him play. More so than Colwill but both are more exciting than anyone else on the park in blue.
    Agreed, and that's why I think we should have someone that sits above Morison. I am not convinced I'd ever give a bloke who nearly released Colwill 2 years ago the job, either .

Re the club, I was more referring to the fan base. Some fans seem desperate to cash in. I don't think any clubs give a toss. I like Davies, mainly because he is absolutely rapid but I love Colwill. I just love the way he walks past people, he's so classy. He needs to get used to his body as Rowberry says, I still think that's why he's picking up these niggles, if he can get half a yard quicker, then great, and once he's beaten a man he needs to do something with it, then get in a good position, get it back and do something again.

For me, I'm fairly happy with the signings we've made but we have no pace (ie Davies) and nobody from midfield gets in the box (ie Colwill). They'll have weaknesses elsewhere but they do have major plusses.

Isaak Davies is quite clearly a Cityy fan, but his squad number is the same as Craig Bellamy’s, so will te fact that he’s playing for his club win out or will he wantjoin up with a coach he clearly admires? City saying they want more money clearly sends out a signal that, as usual, they’re willing to sell good youngsters, so I reckon he’ll be off if Burnley up their offer a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Colwill doesn't fit into a 433 and I'm not sure where he'll play Davies. It is a shame they're both injured as well.
    Do you think he could play Sawyers role?

Agreed, and that's why I think we should have someone that sits above Morison. I am not convinced I'd ever give a bloke who nearly released Colwill 2 years ago the job, either .

Re the club, I was more referring to the fan base. Some fans seem desperate to cash in. I don't think any clubs give a toss. I like Davies, mainly because he is absolutely rapid but I love Colwill. I just love the way he walks past people, he's so classy. He needs to get used to his body as Rowberry says, I still think that's why he's picking up these niggles, if he can get half a yard quicker, then great, and once he's beaten a man he needs to do something with it, then get in a good position, get it back and do something again.

For me, I'm fairly happy with the signings we've made but we have no pace (ie Davies) and nobody from midfield gets in the box (ie Colwill). They'll have weaknesses elsewhere but they do have major plusses.
    I saw the quotes from Rowberry about his heading ability I think? I'm still on the fence re. the signings after game 2.

Let's hope both of them stay but if they do and have a good spell, then they'll be on the radar for the next window and that's when silly money gets thrown about so we'll definitely cave. Decordova-Reid looked good against Liverpool on the weekend and we couldn't wait to get rid. I know there was a whinge from Warnock that he was going to build a team around him but I always thought that was bollox.

Just saw a notice as I'm posting this that we've just signed a new defender. That definitely means we're selling an attacking forward!

Yup, they sound like David Brent. Neil Harris was David Brent!
    I'd love David Brent on the touchline for us! Him and Ted Lasso!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    Very hit and miss that Football Insider page isn't it. If it is true, a large part of me is surprised we haven't accepted that sort of money for him.
    It’s more miss & miss, they have a terrible record, normally just click bait.

I saw the quotes from Rowberry about his heading ability I think? I'm still on the fence re. the signings after game 2.

Let's hope both of them stay but if they do and have a good spell, then they'll be on the radar for the next window and that's when silly money gets thrown about so we'll definitely cave. Decordova-Reid looked good against Liverpool on the weekend and we couldn't wait to get rid. I know there was a whinge from Warnock that he was going to build a team around him but I always thought that was bollox.

Just saw a notice as I'm posting this that we've just signed a new defender. That definitely means we're selling an attacking forward!
    I heard at the time that Bobby Decordova-Reid was more than happy to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Im staying tight lipped for the moment. Dont want to upset the happy clappers on here who thinks Steve Morison shits rainbows.
    I personally think Davies should go. The manager appears not to rate him. A better coach and better players could see him flourish.

Same goes for Colwill. They either need to be playing or better coached in my eyes. I don't see either happening at City.

Rowberry said Colwill had a massive growth spurt and is still getting used to his body, Rowberry actually said he's convinced he's still growing. It was a good listen on EJFOF.

BDR wanted to go, he was also probably pouting from the season before. He was a very, very strange signing in hindsight. Wholly unsuited to the football we wanted to play.

I think Colwill and Davies will either go in the next 13 months, or Morison will be out of a job. I can't see him being here with the pair of them.

Too soon for either player to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I personally think Davies should go. The manager appears not to rate him. A better coach and better players could see him flourish.

Same goes for Colwill. They either need to be playing or better coached in my eyes. I don't see either happening at City.
    Agreed. I’d rather he left before either of them though.

Steve Morison has insisted Cardiff City youngster Isaak Davies is not for sale after he confirmed Burnley's bid for the youngster had been rejected.

On Tuesday it emerged that the Clarets had tabled a bid worth £2.5million for the Wales youth international, who has missed the entirety of pre-season due to a knee injury.

And, after the chastening 3-0 defeat by Portsmouth in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday night, Bluebirds boss Morison has said Davies, and the other promising young players, are not for sale.

"Yeah, they made an offer," Morison said of Burnley. "It's got rejected as he's not for sale. Unless a player comes to me and tells me he doesn't want to be here and he wants to leave, then we'll look at the situation.

"But as far as I'm concerned we are not selling our young players for anything.

Asked if he is going to play an important part for the club this season, Morison added: "Yeah, of course he is.

"Ultimately, his first training session was on Monday. We haven't seen him all pre-season, he has been working hard behind the scenes with his injury that he had and he is still a way off it. He still hasn't played a game and has done one training session.

"It's not something I'm overly worried about. He's not for sale as far as I'm concerned."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...y-bid-24715681

Rowberry said Colwill had a massive growth spurt and is still getting used to his body, Rowberry actually said he's convinced he's still growing. It was a good listen on EJFOF.

BDR wanted to go, he was also probably pouting from the season before. He was a very, very strange signing in hindsight. Wholly unsuited to the football we wanted to play.

I think Colwill and Davies will either go in the next 13 months, or Morison will be out of a job. I can't see him being here with the pair of them.
    I thought Colwill looked slimmer/leaner tonight. He didn't have the best of returns tonight in what was a really bad side/team/management performance so I'm not overly concerned.

It's not a good time for me to be objective tbh, because I sat through 90+ mins of sh*t and I'm tired and hungry and cranky because of the Pompey fan with the bell!

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I heard at the time that Bobby Decordova-Reid was more than happy to leave.
    To go to Fulham? Of course he was.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Steve Morison has insisted Cardiff City youngster Isaak Davies is not for sale after he confirmed Burnley's bid for the youngster had been rejected.

On Tuesday it emerged that the Clarets had tabled a bid worth £2.5million for the Wales youth international, who has missed the entirety of pre-season due to a knee injury.

And, after the chastening 3-0 defeat by Portsmouth in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday night, Bluebirds boss Morison has said Davies, and the other promising young players, are not for sale.

"Yeah, they made an offer," Morison said of Burnley. "It's got rejected as he's not for sale. Unless a player comes to me and tells me he doesn't want to be here and he wants to leave, then we'll look at the situation.

"But as far as I'm concerned we are not selling our young players for anything.

Asked if he is going to play an important part for the club this season, Morison added: "Yeah, of course he is.

"Ultimately, his first training session was on Monday. We haven't seen him all pre-season, he has been working hard behind the scenes with his injury that he had and he is still a way off it. He still hasn't played a game and has done one training session.

"It's not something I'm overly worried about. He's not for sale as far as I'm concerned."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...y-bid-24715681
    I think he'll be gone by the end of the window now that SM confirmed Burnley made a bid.

how much do you think we would hold out for? 4-5m?
    can't see us rejecting something like that unfortunately.
    depends how much Burnley want him

Good post. Another thing is whether Morison is the type of manager who likes to build a team around one player, some of them don't. It's more about the 'Group' and by god he does love that word. He comes across as the type of bloke who doesn't like an ego, even though he comes across like he has one from time to time.

Davies has something, that's obvious. He likes to get on the ball and run at players, his type make things happen, they get free kicks in good positions, worry defenders who then think twice about venturing forward and committing themselves. It's a natural trait in my opinion, and it should be harnessed and encouraged.
    Yeah, the 'Group" talk is straight out of a management lexicon of bollux-speak.

He'll be squaring the centre-circle next!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    To go to Fulham? Of course he was.
    The post that I replied to suggested we couldn't wait to sell BDR, but my (third-hand) understanding is that he wanted to leave since the end of the previous season.