+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Burnley after Isaak Davies

Re: Burnley after Isaak Davies

Are they sure its not Watters they want? Or Harris?

Would be disappointed if he goes. More potential than Colwill for me

If we have turned down £2.5m though well done Cardiff City

International

Despite my previous comment I'd love him to stay and shine but it's a hell of a call for the powers that be, sell and sell a potential superstar or keep and accept a lesser offer later if he doesn't make it. So many things to weigh from their point of view, not the least must be the fee and what they might do with it. It's easy for us to say keep him but I wouldn't like to be the person who has to make a final call and live with the consequences if it went wrong.

I'd hope to see a decent sell-on clause inserted into any deal if we do let him go.

If true, well done CCFC in refusing the offer.

Looked a real handful in the few games I've seen him play.

If we play to his strengths then who knows where he could take us this season or where he could end up playing.

could easily be his agent or Bellamy stirring the pot.
    or there could be genuine interest.
    he seems to have more about him than Harris or Watters so if he was fit you'd expect him to be getting plenty of game time.

real shame that him and Colwill have picked up injuries when they did

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I'd hope to see a decent sell-on clause inserted into any deal if we do let him go.
    This ^^^

We have fecked up big time over the years regarding this type of thing.
    Tim nice but dim must be negotiator in chief!

Doubt we as fans will see any benefit from any deal so I say keep him at all costs!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It's this line of thinking that's got the club in a mess in the first place
    Exactly, if Burnley think he’s worth £2.5 million doesn’t thatsuggest that potentially he’s better than the sort of experienced striker that could be bought for that sort of fee? If the story is true, then we seem to be encouraging Burnley to come n with another offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I don't think it is a lot of money in today's market....let's look at around £6mill and you'll get the clubs attention.
    Or just hang on another season with him here……

Would be a huge loss, he’s really come on since and been given a chance since Morison took the job. When fit surely a starter.

IIRC he was ahead of Watters and Harris before his injuries, certainly Watters.
    So don't see any reason for him to be down the pecking order now. just really unfortunate timing of his injury

International

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Would be a huge loss, he’s really come on since and been given a chance since Morison took the job. When fit surely a starter.
    And still young and getting better, Bellamy knows him better than us, and knows ten times more about what you need to be a top player, if he's offered £2.5 million, he's worth a lot more, and we should keep him and let him reach his full potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    IIRC he was ahead of Watters and Harris before his injuries, certainly Watters.
    So don't see any reason for him to be down the pecking order now. just really unfortunate timing of his injury
    Also don’t see why he can’t do the same job as Ojo.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Also don’t see why he can’t do the same job as Ojo.
    yeah I'd agree

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    could easily be his agent or Bellamy stirring the pot.
    or there could be genuine interest.
    he seems to have more about him than Harris or Watters so if he was fit you'd expect him to be getting plenty of game time.

real shame that him and Colwill have picked up injuries when they did
    I think it's all a plan by Morison to keep them out of sight until the window closes

We should be building a team for Colwill and Davies to shine in. They're the future of the football club. Colwill doesn't look out of place at all playing for Wales (chalk and cheese when you compare him to someone like Levitt) while big money is being offered for Davies.

I hope we keep them, and seeing as he is here, SM finds a way to get the best out of them. Most clubs would absolutely love to have 2 talented home grown lads in their first team that support the club as well.

Its simple really, if Morison can't get the best out of these two talented youngsters, then we're better off with a coach who can!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We should be building a team for Colwill and Davies to shine in. They're the future of the football club. Colwill doesn't look out of place at all playing for Wales (chalk and cheese when you compare him to someone like Levitt) while big money is being offered for Davies.

I hope we keep them, and seeing as he is here, SM finds a way to get the best out of them. Most clubs would absolutely love to have 2 talented home grown lads in their first team that support the club as well.
    Exactly, though I'm not exactly confident that that's Morison's plan

Reported by BBC Wales now. So it is probably true.

In my experience, Pete O'Rourke gets a lot right about City. I think he has someone inside the club. FootyInsider gets a bad rap (and rightly so from other clubs) but they definitely get a lot right with us. Maybe I'm just remembering the ones they got right.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Exactly, though I'm not exactly confident that that's Morison's plan
    Colwill doesn't fit into a 433 and I'm not sure where he'll play Davies. It is a shame they're both injured as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    Very hit and miss that Football Insider page isn't it. If it is true, a large part of me is surprised we haven't accepted that sort of money for him.
    If this is true, he'll be on his way.

Aside from quite incredibly selling Zohore, Joe Mason and Steve McLean for very decent money, the club has an abysmal selling record in the transfer market, as we are normally so desperate.

The exact opposite of Brighton's approach in fact.

I'm really excited to see how they get on in the new setup I think it could be ideal for both of them.

up front we want someone who can run the channels, is spiky and can harass and chase things down - that seems like a job that Davies could do well to me, and then be better at beating his man than any of the current striking options.

Morison himself said that Colwill is at his best with the ball on transition, the new system might be better at getting him facing a less organized defence if we are winning the ball back earlier. And the midfield being a lot more mobile than last season might mean we can play him behind the striker without losing too much in midfield

We should. But Morison's only purpose is to keep his job and if he thinks that'll be too much of a gamble with the squad he's had to put together under the constraints of a pretty poor budget then he'd need to be cold-blooded about it. There's no evidence he's building a team around Davies or Colwill or has ever had any intention, injuries or not.

As for clubs caring about home grown talent that support the club as well, I'm not convinced. I think it's the fans that get emotional about that but clubs just want results and to balance the books. We've just cobbled together another squad.

I love the lad and am always excited to see him play. More so than Colwill but both are more exciting than anyone else on the park in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    We should. But Morison's only purpose is to keep his job and if he thinks that'll be too much of a gamble with the squad he's had to put together under the constraints of a pretty poor budget then he'd need to be cold-blooded about it. There's no evidence he's building a team around Davies or Colwill or has ever had any intention, injuries or not.

As for clubs caring about home grown talent that support the club as well, I'm not convinced. I think it's the fans that get emotional about that but clubs just want results and to balance the books. We've just cobbled together another squad.

I love the lad and am always excited to see him play. More so than Colwill but both are more exciting than anyone else on the park in blue.
    Good post. Another thing is whether Morison is the type of manager who likes to build a team around one player, some of them don't. It's more about the 'Group' and by god he does love that word. He comes across as the type of bloke who doesn't like an ego, even though he comes across like he has one from time to time.

Davies has something, that's obvious. He likes to get on the ball and run at players, his type make things happen, they get free kicks in good positions, worry defenders who then think twice about venturing forward and committing themselves. It's a natural trait in my opinion, and it should be harnessed and encouraged.