+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Love Ukraine Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Love Ukraine Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You are right on Yemen and Gaza of course. And other regions too, not to mention how disinterested people were when Russia entered Georgia and eastern Ukraine several years ago.

That said, this war is causing widespread economic disruption that others haven't, and given it's between the two biggest countries in Europe by size, and two of the biggest in population, and it's much closer to home, I think it's only natural that it does generate more 'interest'.
    The Ukraine war in itself isn't causing widespread economic disruption. It's the sanctions on Russia imposed by the American led West. This war is a creation of American imperialism and i hope Ukraine falls to Russia for the long term good of the Ukrainian people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    The Ukraine war in itself isn't causing widespread economic disruption. It's the sanctions on Russia imposed by the American led West. This war is a creation of American imperialism and i hope Ukraine falls to Russia for the long term good of the Ukrainian people.
    Know any Ukrainians do you mate?..spoken to them eh mate!nah,,didn't think so.
    Maybe Russia should invade the UK for the long term good of the British people, cos lets be fair it ain't going to well there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    If anyone were to take an objective analysis of 'democracy' and human rights in Ukraine a year ago they'd have found a country that was corrupt, oppressive, and definitely not "democratic". But being pulverized by Russian artillery for months on end you're bound to end up being everyone's 'good guy'..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    If anyone were to take an objective analysis of 'democracy' and human rights in Ukraine a year ago they'd have found a country that was corrupt, oppressive, and definitely not "democratic". But being pulverized by Russian artillery for months on end you're bound to end up being everyone's 'good guy'..
    Such a shame this attitude is only isolated for this conflict.