+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big game Saturday

International

Re: Big game Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'd done just that, but you said: "Just watched 3 minutes of highlights and the first 3 plays were us passing it about going forward and creating good opportunities to score," whereas the video I'd watched this morning was two minutes long and showed City's two best efforts. The first involved too much messing about on the edge of the area before Harris strayed offside, while the second resulted from a long punt out of defence. That chance eventually fell to Whyte, who I thought was City's best player last night but who I reckon will be on his way out of the club in the next few weeks.

I was keen to see the third attempt you alluded to as I didn't remember anything else of note in the first half. Indeed, our half time discussion in the ground revolved around the fact that most of us thought the game would end 0-0 and go to penalties, but Nelson stepped up and put paid to that idea.
    I saw Tanner look up before the pass to Philogen, it was a good pass in fairness.

They’re all big games

International

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Norwich was a free hit. Not many expected us to get anything and we did which altered the expectations.
    Reading was disappointing following on from the start we made.
    Portsmouth was always a tricky one considering the fact SM had to give a game to everyone else.
    It’s a shame we couldn’t have gone a couple of rounds at least to have certain squad players playing.
    It looks a mess.

These next 3 games in a week could be pivotal if we don’t don’t begin to gel and get a bit of fluency about our game and threaten the oppositions goal more and have viable options off the bench.
    Norwich didn't know what to expect and we caught them cold, the other two new what to expect and how to stop us scoring and catch us on a break, and score against us from set plays.

It's slightly worrying, lets see if the frst team can sort it out by Saturday?

Welcome back NG, God we have missed you!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    They’re all big games
    Apparently Portsmouth in the cup isn't.

I can't explain why, least of all because nothing we've done so far this season points to it happening, but I think we're gonna stick a few past Birmingham on Saturday. I have visions of that warm August day at a full Ninian Park in 2006 where we absolutely battered them coming back around.

Don’t think it’s that massive, you are right that the usual suspects are already moaning but look at Forest last year, it’s a loooooooong old season.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    I can't explain why, least of all because nothing we've done so far this season points to it happening, but I think we're gonna stick a few past Birmingham on Saturday. I have visions of that warm August day at a full Ninian Park in 2006 where we absolutely battered them coming back around.
    I love the optimism!!

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Don’t think it’s that massive, you are right that the usual suspects are already moaning but look at Forest last year, it’s a loooooooong old season.
    Yep, they got got rid of a crap manager in Chris Houghton and appointed an excellent on in Steve Cooper!

So, who are we going to replace Morison with then? Any decent managers out there who can takes us to the play-offs? If there is I'd get rid of Morison now, at this very minute

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Yep, they got got rid of a crap manager in Chris Houghton and appointed an excellent on in Steve Cooper!

So, who are we going to replace Morison with then? Any decent managers out there who can takes us to the play-offs? If there is I'd get rid of Morison now, at this very minute
    It’s our third Championship match of the season, relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post

C'mon Mr Soul, have you no heart?

I’m looking forward to it. Good weather, big crowd and a fun day out with mates.

I'd rather have lost last night fielding a team that Morison would have learnt more from, than losing after making wholesale changes that will teach him very little ahead of the Birmingham game.
    He's got a new squad and all he learnt is that Nelson is still a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'd done just that, but you said: "Just watched 3 minutes of highlights and the first 3 plays were us passing it about going forward and creating good opportunities to score," whereas the video I'd watched this morning was two minutes long and showed City's two best efforts. The first involved too much messing about on the edge of the area before Harris strayed offside, while the second resulted from a long punt out of defence. That chance eventually fell to Whyte, who I thought was City's best player last night but who I reckon will be on his way out of the club in the next few weeks.

I was keen to see the third attempt you alluded to as I didn't remember anything else of note in the first half. Indeed, our half time discussion in the ground revolved around the fact that most of us thought the game would end 0-0 and go to penalties, but Nelson stepped up and put paid to that idea.
    Just FYI, after putting up a short 2-4min "highlight" package, another day or so after that they seem to be uploading a longer 10-20min video this year as well.