+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It’s not just us. Championship in Carabao Cup shocker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: It’s not just us. Championship in Carabao Cup shocker

There's been talk for years about the League Cup being done away with hasn't there- the powers that be must be rubbing their hands together at the level of apathy towards it currently.

Football League cup - it should be just that. Remove the Premier League teams and it might get more exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Football League cup - it should be just that. Remove the Premier League teams and it might get more exciting
    This is what I think should happen too. I guess it's difficult to sell overseas without those few biggest clubs

Let's be honest, even 20 years ago it didn't get folk enthused until they reached the quarter finals - usually by default. Poor crowds getting poorer, and cluttering up a busy schedule and possibility of injuries - I doubt managers or directors are too bothered at an early exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Remove the Premier League teams and the interest in it would disappear altogether. It would become another Auto Windscreens Sherpa Van Leyland Daf Trophy.