Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
I’m in the Grandstand and your ‘miss the good old days’ is a ridiculous quote. Someone has mentioned that Swansea & Millwall fans have caused a bit of trouble at the away end, so I’ll put another spin on it, is it wise to have our family stand so close to potential trouble? Or should we have our kids & families as far away as possible?

Anyway I only started this thread because I was impressed by the way Reading have sorted their atmosphere out with no trouble whatsoever. Fans of both sides post match chatting and catching the football buses back into town with no bother at all. Some of our fans seem to love harking back to, as you say ‘the good old days’, they may have been good old days to you dml1954 but they certainly weren’t to the majority of us.

I’ll tell you what wasn’t a good old day, ‘Play Up Pompey’ ringing around our ground last Tuesday.
I think this is the strongest argument tbh Mr P. I've often thought exactly that. So, ironically, there is a H&S element to it and I think that's worthy of discussion in its own right.

Maybe my own vulnerability is contributing to my caution.

We went to Birmingham away last season and had a great time. Met some lovely Brum fans and shared a cab to the ground. Apart from the overwhelming police presence and some issues getting out it was a really good day.