Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
When you posted this last week Mr P I was hot, cranky, suffering and was pretty flippant. My replies weren't meant to be personal, but generic, but on reflection, I didn't give you or this post the respect I feel it deserves.

I still feel it would be a bad idea but that's because I worry about the underbelly of our society being in a precarious situation for all kinds of reasons and can see what should normally be a fun day out spilling over into verbal or physical violence.

That said, I don't for one minute think you've made the suggestion for anything other than your enthusiasm for the club and a cracking atmosphere. We have a good sense of humour on here and though we've never met personally, I'd always welcome that as you're a proper football guy and I know I'd enjoy our conversations.

So, I'm sure you and others get where I'm coming from when I voice my concerns about things spilling over. Placing opposing fans closer together, in my view, would be a bad thing at CCS. I could be totally wrong, and I don't doubt that other clubs feel it's a good idea but we've yet to see just how that turns out. I'd be more cautious.

Ultimately, we all want what's best for the club and just because we may disagree doesn't mean that I think everyone who supports this idea is a hooligan!

Younger fans living their entire lives online and at the football are my bigger worry. This is the article I refer to and the kind of toxic elements I feel could spill over at matches. There are some seriously toxic male groups out there and I don't for one minute think you and most people on here belong to them but we have to be careful imo. We've seen it spilling over on here over the last few months and some of the extremism that can be deeply unpleasant.

Alpha males’ are on the rise
Gerrin to ‘em
F*ck ‘em up