+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff and Norwich fined

Cardiff and Norwich fined

Cardiff City and Norwich City have been fined by the Football Association after the bad-tempered 1-0 home win for the Bluebirds on 30 July.

Referee Tim Robinson had to deal with a centre-circle scuffle between players, in a match that saw Cardiff's Perry Ng and Canaries' Grant Hanley sent off.

The FA fined Cardiff £17,500 and Norwich £5,000 for breaching rule 20.1.

Both clubs admitted they "failed to ensure players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion".

The FA statement continued: "Norwich City FC admitted a charge from the FA and accepted the standard penalty.

"Cardiff City FC admitted a non-standard charge and requested a paper hearing where its fine was imposed by an independent regulatory commission."

Re: Cardiff and Norwich fined

How were we fined significantly more?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    How were we fined significantly more?
    I thought it would have been down to us having 3 players booked and them only having one, until I saw this...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    "Cardiff City FC admitted a non-standard charge and requested a paper hearing where its fine was imposed by an independent regulatory commission."
    ...which means absolutely nothing to me, but suggests we've been charged an extra £12.5k for some added bureaucracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    .....suggests we've been charged an extra £12.5k for some added bureaucracy.
    "Cardiff City ..... requested a paper hearing ....."

Sounds like some sort of appeal which ended up costing the club an extra £12,500.

Good work, team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    "Cardiff City ..... requested a paper hearing ....."

Sounds like some sort of appeal which ended up costing the club an extra £12,500.

Good work, team.

I thought that but I have no idea how these things work. I did also wonder if it was down to us not sending a representative to a 'hearing' e.g. tribunal, hence the paper hearing? I often wonder who's actually in the offices at any given time at CCFC. Would love to know more about its management system and day-to-day decision-making.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I thought that but I have no idea how these things work. I did also wonder if it was down to us not sending a representative to a 'hearing' e.g. tribunal, hence the paper hearing? I often wonder who's actually in the offices at any given time at CCFC. Would love to know more about its management system and day-to-day decision-making.
    I've been 'behind the scenes' a couple of times with work in 2018- the main office was quite quiet each time I visited. Maybe the rest of them were off attending hearings?

Ken Choo wasn't there on any of the occasions. CCFC's finance director is a very nice guy.

I've been 'behind the scenes' a couple of times with work in 2018- the main office was quite quiet each time I visited. Maybe the rest of them were off attending hearings?

Ken Choo wasn't there on any of the occasions. CCFC's finance director is a very nice guy.
    You're my new job sharing buddy! Thanks for that. All these Prime docs being made and the Sunderland 'till I Die series has often had me imagining one on ours. I'd love to get that gig. It would be fascinating.

You're my new job sharing buddy! Thanks for that. All these Prime docs being made and the Sunderland 'till I Die series has often had me imagining one on ours. I'd love to get that gig. It would be fascinating.
    Yeah it would be wicked. Would expose Dai Hunt to a world audience too which would be interesting...

Yeah it would be wicked. Would expose Dai Hunt to a world audience too which would be interesting...
    My peeps should talk to your peeps!

You are speculating and giving thinly veiled criticism of the club there without having any idea what went on or how the club is run.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You are speculating and giving thinly veiled criticism of the club there without having any idea what went on or how the club is run.
    I think you're reading way too much into this. I haven't trashed the cult. I acknowledged that I have no idea how these things work and you should know me well enough by now that thinly veiled criticism isn't my style, it would be full on criticism. Weirdly, though, I was/am genuinely interested in how the multi-million £ business of CCFC is run on a daily basis. These things interest me.

It's a hot day. Have an iced drink. Maybe a Jaffa Cake (pro tip: keep them in the fridge in this weather).