+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I wish that people would lay off Watters. He did a lot of good things today and worked hard in searing heat. He is young and relatively inexperienced and just needs a goal. Their goalie made two good saves from him today, both were going in the net. It was an excellent TEAM performance and everyone contributed. Harris hasn't contributed goals either recently but he doesn't get the constant criticism that Watters does. Watters looked out on his feet at half time and I wouldn't be surprised if he was substituted due to heat exhaustion. Stick with him and I think he will come good.
    Relatively inexperienced? He's played over 100 professional games.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Relatively inexperienced? He's played over 100 professional games.
    I'm pretty sure the likes of Barking, Ashford Utd, Mickleover Sports and Grantham Town are semi-professional at best.

Watters has started 26 Football League matches and made sub appearances in a further 19.

He's now started nine Championship games for Cardiff City. He's been taken off in every one of them and the latest he's been subbed in any of those games is 66 minutes. He's been taken off on 55 mins, 57 mins, 56 mins, 37 mins, 66 mins, 63 mins, 60 mins, 52 mins and 45 mins.