+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any Corsa owners on here ? Or mechanics !

Any Corsa owners on here ? Or mechanics !

My Corsa 1.4 (11 plate) fuel range figure is going haywire. The figure is changing every second from 2 to 999 miles left in the tank ! I don’t depend on it as I always fill up when the fuel gauge is down to a quarter tank , but it’s just annoying me . Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Any Corsa owners on here ? Or mechanics !

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    My Corsa 1.4 (11 plate) fuel range figure is going haywire. The figure is changing every second from 2 to 999 miles left in the tank ! I don’t depend on it as I always fill up when the fuel gauge is down to a quarter tank , but it’s just annoying me . Any help would be appreciated.
    Sounds like a sensor failure. Not sure how much they'd charge to repair but not a huge job. If you don't need to use it I would probably leave it if you can see what's in the tank

Thanks for your advice. Really appreciate it. It’s just annoying me, that’s all !!!

Ivor, maybe ring a garage and explain that you suspect you have a sensor failure and ask for a rough repair quote.
    I'm no qualified mechanic but I do know a bit about cars and that is what it sounds like.
    It might be a small and cheap job although I wouldn't know for sure. I've had a few sensors go on cars and usually just leave them if not needed

Hi Ivor. I had an Astra many moons ago with a Board Computer (BC) that gave similar readouts. It could either give average figures or instantaneous numbers. It sounds like yours is set to give instantaneous data so it will show 2 if you accelerate hard or 999 if you are engine braking.

If you can see a BC button try pressing it to see if the readout changes to one that annoys you less!

Try googling?