+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robert Glatzel

Re: Robert Glatzel

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Surely he's better than we have at the moment? Morison is playing a little more towards his strengths, although the attacking third is a massive concern in terms of chances created due to Morison playing with what seems like three holding players in midfield. Hopefully this new striker can make a difference, he's going to have to run his bollocks off though.
    During the covid seasons, Morison would quite often do co comms and I don’t think he was the biggest fan of Glatzel. I don’t think he’s physical enough, I’m terms of strength or pace to succeed as a lone striker in the EFL. Maybe that would change when the ball wasn’t being pumped in the general direction of his head, though! He knows where the back of the net is, though, which is more than most players in our squad

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    During the covid seasons, Morison would quite often do co comms and I don’t think he was the biggest fan of Glatzel. I don’t think he’s physical enough, I’m terms of strength or pace to succeed as a lone striker in the EFL. Maybe that would change when the ball wasn’t being pumped in the general direction of his head, though! He knows where the back of the net is, though, which is more than most players in our squad
    I almost said this to TLG, word for word when i met up with him a couple of weeks back.

Glatzel likes the ball at his feet, facing the goal. He doesn't do the work. Not the worst thing, but I think that's why it didn't work out here.

I was at the Hamburg derby on Friday and he was very average. 3-0 St. Pauli.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Glatzel likes the ball at his feet, facing the goal. He doesn't do the work. Not the worst thing, but I think that's why it didn't work out here.
    I never thought of him as a player who didn’t work though.

I’d have him here right now and start him.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I never thought of him as a player who didn’t work though.

I’d have him here right now and start him.
    Bold.