+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stadium Car Park

Stadium Car Park

Does anyone know if they enforced the new ‘closing an hour before’ rule last week. Half hour was bad enough!

Re: Stadium Car Park

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    Does anyone know if they enforced the new ‘closing an hour before’ rule last week. Half hour was bad enough!
    No they didn’t but I asked on the gate if they would be lenient for night games considering how far people have to drive and the attendant said it would depend on which game it was.

Took me over an hour to get out of there a while back. After the game all the lights should be on green until all or most of the traffic is cleared. The council/ developers/ highways dept should have come to me for advice.

International

Why don't they build a footbridge or tunnel? Isn't it to do with people crossing the junction?

There seems to be little liaison from the club with the relevant authorities (or indeed only unsuccessful liaison) in terms of managing the arrival and exit of fans for our matches.
    Plenty of clubs have well organised arrangements for "park and ride" and road closures or better traffic management around match days.
    I don't think we even have the "football" bus from the City centre at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    There seems to be little liaison from the club with the relevant authorities (or indeed only unsuccessful liaison) in terms of managing the arrival and exit of fans for our matches.
    Plenty of clubs have well organised arrangements for "park and ride" and road closures or better traffic management around match days.
    I don't think we even have the "football" bus from the City centre at the moment!
    We don’t have the football bus any more and it’s a great shame. My mate, in his mid 70s, hasn’t renewed this season because of it. A few occasions we had to walk to town or Canton last season, it knackered him. The football bus arrangement was marvellous at Reading last Saturday, a fleet of buses doing a shuttle service from stadium to town, big queues that soon thinned out due to the frequency of the buses.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    We don’t have the football bus any more and it’s a great shame. My mate, in his mid 70s, hasn’t renewed this season because of it. A few occasions we had to walk to town or Canton last season, it knackered him. The football bus arrangement was marvellous at Reading last Saturday, a fleet of buses doing a shuttle service from stadium to town, big queues that soon thinned out due to the frequency of the buses.
    Reading are an excellent example in terms of "Football" buses. A service from the main railway station and two "Park and Ride" services.

Why did they never build a road from the retail park/ stadium straight out onto Hadfield Road, even if only for exit purposes. ?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It was great in the 60’s, stay in town for a few ales, get down to Astey’s (bus station) and jump on the bus to Ninian Park
    Think it was a tanner fare