+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cadiff city fan threatened with assault after challenging homophobic abuse

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cadiff city fan threatened with assault after challenging homophobic abuse

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    So threatening to hit someone is just having a different opinion?

Having a go at someone who's bravely called out homophobic abuse is clearly acceptable to you. Would you apply the same rule towards racist abuse? Sexist language? Or are just gay people fair game in your world?

Very concerning that a so-called moderator on here can hold such antiquated views.
    not really what I said

but incase you missed it, I started of with

fair play to the guy for speaking out, he had his say, told the guy it was unacceptable, job done, I wouldn't have thought it would have made much of a difference to the abusers opinion, but we can hope

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    not really what I said

fair play to the guy for speaking out, he had his say, told the guy it was unacceptable, job done, I wouldn't have thought it would have made much of a difference to the abusers opinion, but we can hope
    It wasn't what you started out with that is the problem. It is what you finished with. Just read back your own words - not good.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    not really what I said

Funny that you left off your final paragraph which contains your view that threatening to hit the guy is just having a different opinion.

You also attach blame to Cennydd as you feel he was confrontational to the second guy by merely stating that he had no desire to discuss the matter with him. The fact that he was then threatened with violence suggests Cennydds approach was correct i.e. back away.