Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
fair play to the guy for speaking out, he had his say, told the guy it was unacceptable, job done, I wouldn't have thought it would have made much of a difference to the abusers opinion, but we can hope

then this happened

“There were a few words exchanged and a guy sitting on my row then turned towards me and said: ‘What are you doing, there’s no need for this, just leave it out.’ Then I told him that I wasn’t interested in discussing it with him and I just wanted to watch the game. Then he told me if I didn’t shut up he was going to hit me.”

if you feel like you can have your say and call out the abuser, good for you, but someone else can equally have his opinion ( and voice it ) and ask what are you doing, no need for this etc etc , yet the guy decided to shut him down and tell him he wasnt interested in discussing it ( the other guys opinion ) , then the threat of being hit, this happens in the real world, its not twitter where you can shut someone down without a care in the world
You consider demanding (under threat of violence) silence from someone who objects to homophobia as valid as calling out homophobia?

Not for me.