+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cadiff city fan threatened with assault after challenging homophobic abuse

Re: Cadiff city fan threatened with assault after challenging homophobic abuse

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    No he didn't, making a big issue over pretty much nothing. You don't turn on your own in that way, deal with any perceived problems "in house"....personally I think he has issues.
    Personally, I think you’re the one with issues.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    fair play to the guy for speaking out, he had his say, told the guy it was unacceptable, job done, I wouldn't have thought it would have made much of a difference to the abusers opinion, but we can hope

then this happened

“There were a few words exchanged and a guy sitting on my row then turned towards me and said: ‘What are you doing, there’s no need for this, just leave it out.’ Then I told him that I wasn’t interested in discussing it with him and I just wanted to watch the game. Then he told me if I didn’t shut up he was going to hit me.”

if you feel like you can have your say and call out the abuser, good for you, but someone else can equally have his opinion ( and voice it ) and ask what are you doing, no need for this etc etc , yet the guy decided to shut him down and tell him he wasnt interested in discussing it ( the other guys opinion ) , then the threat of being hit, this happens in the real world, its not twitter where you can shut someone down without a care in the world
    Threatening to chin someone isn't having an opinion.

First Team

fair play to the guy for speaking out, he had his say, told the guy it was unacceptable, job done, I wouldn't have thought it would have made much of a difference to the abusers opinion, but we can hope

then this happened

“There were a few words exchanged and a guy sitting on my row then turned towards me and said: ‘What are you doing, there’s no need for this, just leave it out.’ Then I told him that I wasn’t interested in discussing it with him and I just wanted to watch the game. Then he told me if I didn’t shut up he was going to hit me.”

if you feel like you can have your say and call out the abuser, good for you, but someone else can equally have his opinion ( and voice it ) and ask what are you doing, no need for this etc etc , yet the guy decided to shut him down and tell him he wasnt interested in discussing it ( the other guys opinion ) , then the threat of being hit, this happens in the real world, its not twitter where you can shut someone down without a care in the world
    You consider demanding (under threat of violence) silence from someone who objects to homophobia as valid as calling out homophobia?

Not for me.

So it seems like some folks on here think it’s okay to let knuckle draggers carry on as they always have.
    It’s not even anything to do with football.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    No he didn't, making a big issue over pretty much nothing. You don't turn on your own in that way, deal with any perceived problems "in house"....personally I think he has issues.
    ‘You don’t turn on your own’.........you’ve nailed your colours to the mast, haven’t you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Threatening to chin someone isn't having an opinion.
    not really what happened though or what I said

“There were a few words exchanged and a guy sitting on my row then turned towards me and said: ‘What are you doing, there’s no need for this, just leave it out.’ Then I told him that I wasn’t interested in discussing it with him and I just wanted to watch the game.

the guy had a opinion that " he should just leave it at that " maybe he could see things were going escalate with the abuser and Cennydd

Cennydd might have used a slightly different way to shut the guy down ( not the abuser, the guy sat on his row ) I told him that " I wasn’t interested in discussing it with him " , it does come across as a little confrontational (which I guess Cennydd adrenaline was pumping after his calling out of the abuser )

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    You consider demanding (under threat of violence) silence from someone who objects to homophobia as valid as calling out homophobia?

Not for me.
    no I dont, and I never said I did

I was pointing out, it was great to call out the abuser, but when someone has a opinion that it maybe time to leave it, to be shut down like he was maybe not the right way to go about it

then this happened

So threatening to hit someone is just having a different opinion?

Having a go at someone who's bravely called out homophobic abuse is clearly acceptable to you. Would you apply the same rule towards racist abuse? Sexist language? Or are just gay people fair game in your world?

Very concerning that a so-called moderator on here can hold such antiquated views.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    So threatening to hit someone is just having a different opinion?

Having a go at someone who's bravely called out homophobic abuse is clearly acceptable to you. Would you apply the same rule towards racist abuse? Sexist language? Or are just gay people fair game in your world?

Very concerning that a so-called moderator on here can hold such antiquated views.
    not really what I said

but incase you missed it, I started of with

not really what I said

It wasn't what you started out with that is the problem. It is what you finished with. Just read back your own words - not good.

not really what I said

Funny that you left off your final paragraph which contains your view that threatening to hit the guy is just having a different opinion.

You also attach blame to Cennydd as you feel he was confrontational to the second guy by merely stating that he had no desire to discuss the matter with him. The fact that he was then threatened with violence suggests Cennydds approach was correct i.e. back away.

not really what happened though or what I said

“There were a few words exchanged and a guy sitting on my row then turned towards me and said: ‘What are you doing, there’s no need for this, just leave it out.’ Then I told him that I wasn’t interested in discussing it with him and I just wanted to watch the game.

the guy had a opinion that " he should just leave it at that " maybe he could see things were going escalate with the abuser and Cennydd

Cennydd might have used a slightly different way to shut the guy down ( not the abuser, the guy sat on his row ) I told him that " I wasn’t interested in discussing it with him " , it does come across as a little confrontational (which I guess Cennydd adrenaline was pumping after his calling out of the abuser )
    "I don't want to discuss it with you" is confrontational? Behave Matt, stop excusing shit behaviour.

Homosexuality has been around for thousands of years...longer than CCFC. It's sad that we still have this as a thing !!
    The Greeks invented it...(just kidding..just having a dig)

Maybe the point matt is making 🤔....is that in his opinion its all very well getting involved in these things but some people are just meatheads are you are just a step away from violence ?

I think a lot of people want to challenge idiots like this but fear getting into serious confrontation

I have confronted racists but luckily they have either backed down , others have backed me up or the stewards have got involved

It's not always plain sailing though

no I dont, and I never said I did

I was pointing out, it was great to call out the abuser, but when someone has a opinion that it maybe time to leave it, to be shut down like he was maybe not the right way to go about it
    Ineffect the other person supported the abuser. So I think he had every right to tell him he didn’t want to discuss it with him. It’s simply unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Maybe the point matt is making 🤔....is that in his opinion its all very well getting involved in these things but some people are just meatheads are you are just a step away from violence ?

I think a lot of people want to challenge idiots like this but fear getting into serious confrontation

I have confronted racists but luckily they have either backed down , others have backed me up or the stewards have got involved

Agree with this. It’s a brave person to confront the meat head. People have died for similar things

I wondered when you would be along to make the thread about you

Cennydd a 43 year old heterosexual

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I wondered when you would be along to make the thread about you
    Homosexuals

Welcome To Merthyr

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Cennydd a 43 year old heterosexual
    He’s an ethics consultant, there’s a hidden agenda behind this story and him going to the media NQAT

Homosexuals

Welcome To Merthyr

Good luck
    Always been a vibrant LGBTQ community in Merthyr.

Always been a vibrant LGBTQ community in Merthyr.
    God Bless Em

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    is ' oh get up you tart' acceptable ?
    If 'Big girl's blouse' gets cancelled that's it!

He’s an ethics consultant, there’s a hidden agenda behind this story and him going to the media NQAT
    Seriously what on earth is an "ethics consultant " ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Seriously what on earth is an "ethics consultant " ?
    Someone who don't get out enough.