+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cadiff city fan threatened with assault after challenging homophobic abuse

Cadiff city fan threatened with assault after challenging homophobic abuse

Re: Cadiff city fan threatened with assault after challenging homophobic abuse

Good for him. I expect I would have kept quiet, even though I know that behaviour should be challenged.

Saying something is one thing, did he really need to report it to a steward though?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Saying something is one thing, did he really need to report it to a steward though?
    No he didn't, making a big issue over pretty much nothing. You don't turn on your own in that way, deal with any perceived problems "in house"....personally I think he has issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    No he didn't, making a big issue over pretty much nothing.
    Are there any other minorities you hate? Blacks, gays etc? And you reckon you're a Christian

Much of the away support is blood curdling obnoxious but if you want to see your team you pretty much have to put up with it. It’s been like that for 50 years. That’s just the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Much of the away support is blood curdling obnoxious but if you want to see your team you pretty much have to put up with it. It’s been like that for 50 years. That’s just the reality.
    Yep. Not all, but there is an element of it. The same element who want our nutcases right by the away support at home

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yep. Not all, but there is an element of it. The same element who want our nutcases right by the away support at home
    Oops. Didn’t realise wanting the ends switched at the CCS made me a homophobe

Anyone who acts in this manner is not “one of our own”. They’re obnoxious pr1cks who happen to support the same team as me.
    The same goes for those two morons on Tuesday in the Grandstand at CCS who called Morison a “f-ing c-“.
    The irony is that Morison could probably have taken on both of them with ease.
    I’m sick of idiots like this causing an unpleasant atmosphere at games.
    Why should everyone else have to put up with it?

is ' oh get up you tart' acceptable ?

Waited about 5 minutes for it to load, but then got fed up.

How do WOL expect people to try to read their stories ?

Stick to stats Eric, that’s the most ridiculous & stupidest post you’ve written. Very insulting how you can link these two things. Read your post again and have a little think. How dare you compare fans who want a bit of a switch around in the stadium, which incidentally many other clubs have their arrangements this way, with Neanderthal idiots. You’ve gone way down in my estimation.

I can remember TLG confronting a couple of racists at Charlton, around 2007? same thing happened there, threats of violence etc. I look back on that incident and wish i had smashed one of them in the face, they were a pair of scumbags. It's still happening and incidents like this aren't going to stop when the make up of the crowd leans heavily towards one demographic.

If your getting threatened with getting a kick in why not

He’s an ethics consultant and lecturer of course he did.

I think he posted on here as Croesy Blue

People see a football crowd as some sort of safety net, or a place that has parliamentary privilege, that allows them to dish out this sort of crap.
    Unless people confront it, and stewards take reports seriously and act on it, then it will carry on. Stewards should also act and not wait for others to report it either.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    People see a football crowd as some sort of safety net, or a place that has parliamentary privilege, that allows them to dish out this sort of crap.
    Unless people confront it, and stewards take reports seriously and act on it, then it will carry on. Stewards should also act and not wait for others to report it either.

Drinks got a lot to do with it, you usually find the really abusive fans shouting that type us stuff are very pissed, some wouldn't shout it if they weren’t, and I’m not saying it's an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Agreed. I just don’t get it why people think it’s okay because it’s football.

A lot homophobia is internalised hatred.

The muppet who threw the first insult probably got a stiffy looking at all the fit, sweaty men running around on the pitch, panicked and over compensated.

On a slightly different note, I still have bad memories of the FA Cup Final after the racist abuse of our own players by the teenage "fans" behind us. Pretty sure they were coked up as they were aggressive and threatening after one of our group called them out.

Are there any other minorities you hate? Blacks, gays etc? And you reckon you're a Christian
    God hates gay people so it figures

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    God hates gay people so it figures
    God sounds like a bit of a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    God sounds like a bit of a dick.
    Amen

fair play to the guy for speaking out, he had his say, told the guy it was unacceptable, job done, I wouldn't have thought it would have made much of a difference to the abusers opinion, but we can hope

then this happened

“There were a few words exchanged and a guy sitting on my row then turned towards me and said: ‘What are you doing, there’s no need for this, just leave it out.’ Then I told him that I wasn’t interested in discussing it with him and I just wanted to watch the game. Then he told me if I didn’t shut up he was going to hit me.”

if you feel like you can have your say and call out the abuser, good for you, but someone else can equally have his opinion ( and voice it ) and ask what are you doing, no need for this etc etc , yet the guy decided to shut him down and tell him he wasnt interested in discussing it ( the other guys opinion ) , then the threat of being hit, this happens in the real world, its not twitter where you can shut someone down without a care in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    No he didn't, making a big issue over pretty much nothing. You don't turn on your own in that way, deal with any perceived problems "in house"....personally I think he has issues.
    Just the sort of reply i'd expect from you