+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cadiff city fan threatened with assault after challenging homophobic abuse

Re: Cadiff city fan threatened with assault after challenging homophobic abuse

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Seriously what on earth is an "ethics consultant " ?

They recommend hotels and the such in Essex

Football has always attracted the dregs of life. I don’t see the point of calling out an arsehole who’s shouting abuse, unless you’re confident that you can back yourself up.
    It shouldn’t be that way, but it’s just the law of the jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Football has always attracted the dregs of life. I don’t see the point of calling out an arsehole who’s shouting abuse, unless you’re confident that you can back yourself up.
    It shouldn’t be that way, but it’s just the law of the jungle.
    im not sure how many of 1.200 were guardian readers , i suspect most of them were the dregs you despise but they kept the club going

Dunno, but he’s always talking to people who live in Southend, Chelmsford, Colchester, Basildon etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    They recommend hotels and the such in Essex

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Dunno, but he’s always talking to people who live in Southend, Chelmsford, Colchester, Basildon etc.
    Clever bit of plagiarism

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    im not sure how many of 1.200 were guardian readers , i suspect most of them were the dregs you despise but they kept the club going
    Strange reply. Can you expand on that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    If 'Big girl's blouse' gets cancelled that's it!
    With frilly bows on

I didnt know, but I looked online, found a few on indeed.com and have applied for the better paid ones, I think I would make a rather tidy "ethics consultant " , maybe I missed my calling in life, decent pay for doing whatever they do thanks Cennydd I will buy you a Pimms some time

Some bloke calls out homophobia and he gets the piss taken out of him for his occupation and doesn't understand the real world when he's threatened with a chinning.about right on here.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I didnt know, but I looked online, found a few on indeed.com and have applied for the better paid ones, I think I would make a rather tidy "ethics consultant " , maybe I missed my calling in life, decent pay for doing whatever they do thanks Cennydd I will buy you a Pimms some time
    I'd start with being a decent moderator first Matt before you aspire to Cennydd's profession. You didn't even read the job description on Indeed.com.

An ethical consultant is a professional who helps businesses develop and adhere to a set of ethical principles, which are beliefs the company and its shareholders agree to uphold. They may also be lawyers who ensure their clients' ethical code and behaviors follow the laws in the state or country where their clients operate. These professionals usually either work independently or for a business consulting firm.

It's hard to continue to be a contributor to a board that allows some of the stuff that's posted in a thread like this and that's without the racism and quite frankly hate speech that's tolerated on the board. You should be setting an example and pulling people up on this stuff not stoking it.

This thread really upset me and I wasn't going to post anymore. It was dropping off the radar slowly but what do you do? Make this post. I'm sick of it tbh. Makes me feel very grubby to part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Let us know how you get on. I am sure someone who expresses the views you have in this thread is exactly what they will be looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I'd start with being a decent moderator first Matt before you aspire to Cennydd's profession. You didn't even read the job description on Indeed.com.

An ethical consultant is a professional who helps businesses develop and adhere to a set of ethical principles, which are beliefs the company and its shareholders agree to uphold. They may also be lawyers who ensure their clients' ethical code and behaviors follow the laws in the state or country where their clients operate. These professionals usually either work independently or for a business consulting firm.

It's hard to continue to be a contributor to a board that allows some of the stuff that's posted in a thread like this and that's without the racism and quite frankly hate speech that's tolerated on the board. You should be setting an example and pulling people up on this stuff not stoking it.

This thread really upset me and I wasn't going to post anymore. It was dropping off the radar slowly but what do you do? Make this post. I'm sick of it tbh. Makes me feel very grubby to part of this.
    Get off the pity pot mate....you don't have to post here if it upsets you that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Are there any other minorities you hate? Blacks, gays etc? And you reckon you're a Christian
    If you think my post was about "hate" you need to seek help immediately eric. Were you this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    ‘You don’t turn on your own’.........you’ve nailed your colours to the mast, haven’t you.
    Yes, "my own" being fellow City fans. I maintain this fan went way over the top.

Blue Matt the CCMB kangaroo court hereby sentences you to 2 years imprisonment and a lifetime ban from ever moderating a football forum again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Yes, "my own" being fellow City fans. I maintain this fan went way over the top.
    I’m one City fan who certainly doesn’t class you as one of ‘my own’, far from it.

I agree.

It's pathetic that this individual is allowed to continue to "moderate."

If he didn't constantly bang on about his work and family I'd be convinced he's a teenager who's time travelled to us from the 1970's.

First Team

Please keep posting. I, for one, value your input.

The problem is, as always, a vocal minority with unfathomable views make people with a variety of reasonable and alternative opinions turn away from debate. Effectively, it's a version of message board Gresham's Law.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Cennydd or the homophobe?

I have to say that I don't really care about Cennydd's motivation. He did the right thing in a hostile and potentially violent environment. That took balls.

I cannot ever recollect using the word faggot in anger, or any other slur. Cennydd was right to stand up to him, although that is a brave thing to do, and I'm not convinced these things do make the world a more harmonious place, but it was still the right thing to do.

Genuinely, what are peoples thoughts on calling out and pinpointing those singing songs such as 'always shit on the English side of the bridge' or the '**** the union jack' part of the viva Gareth Bale song when Wales at CCS?

It's certainly comes under discriminatory and offensive

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/club...afety-security

My mates stood up to a group of young lads who were chanting (at the Pompey match) at a young girl who had the audacity to tell them to get behind the team. They’re handy mind so if it did go tits up they could have handled it, but it still takes courage to stand up to people. Long may it continue though

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    My mates stood up to a group of young lads who were chanting (at the Pompey match) at a young girl who had the audacity to tell them to get behind the team. They’re handy mind so if it did go tits up they could have handled it, but it still takes courage to stand up to people. Long may it continue though
    Did your mates ring WOL straight after though - and make a point of stating their sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Did your mates ring WOL straight after though - and make a point of stating their sexuality.
    No but they’d have been well within their rights if they had done. The days of “lads” down the football thinking they’re above the law are gone (and I used to be one of them)

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    No but they’d have been well within their rights if they had done. The days of “lads” down the football thinking they’re above the law are gone (and I used to be one of them)
    I got news for you Underhill I'm afraid it haven't....and we seen an example of a couple of lads on the touch line at Chelsea v Spurs today.