+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Heat

Heat

Off and on, I have been watching the City since 1968. I won't be able to go tomorrow due to this heatwave. I am a season ticket holder in the Ninian Stand, which tomorrow will be in full sunshine. Since having Chemoradiotherapy earlier on this year I have been suffering in the hot weather. I have told my mate I won't be going and that I will see him at the next game. Knowing this country we could both be wearing our scarves. 😂😂

International

Re: Heat

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Off and on, I have been watching the City since 1968. I won't be able to go tomorrow due to this heatwave. I am a season ticket holder in the Ninian Stand, which tomorrow will be in full sunshine. Since having Chemoradiotherapy earlier on this year I have been suffering in the hot weather. I have told my mate I won't be going and that I will see him at the next game. Knowing this country we could both be wearing our scarves. 😂😂
    I'm really sorry to hear that, I hope you can watch it on TV and the boys give you a win

Just sit in another part of the ground.

International

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Just sit in another part of the ground.

That’s a good point, if you explain to the club, hopefully they can temporarily move you to the Grandstand?

Ticket office is open today, either phone them or call down if you’re local and ask to be moved to somewhere shadier.

Or take a parasol and annoy the fans behind you

Thanks for the kind suggestions. I had given some of these a thought. To compound matters I have to travel from Barry on the bus and being an amputee this makes matters worse. Also the talk of road closures haven't helped either. I am sat on my sofa pouring with sweat. I hope to watch the game on city tv. C'mon you Bluebirds.

I hope your recovery / treatment is going well. Is it not possible to explain your situation, and ask if you can be re- located to a part of the stadium which is in the shade ? I am sure they would try and help you.

Thanks for the kind suggestions. I had given some of these a thought. To compound matters I have to travel from Barry on the bus and being an amputee this makes matters worse. Also the talk of road closures haven't helped either. I am sat on my sofa pouring with sweat. I hope to watch the game on city tv. C'mon you Bluebirds.
    I’d trust your instinct on this more than the well intentioned suggestions being made in this thread - it’s possible that you’d find somewhere where you could watch the game in relative comfort, but you know your body best and there are going to be plenty of other games. A bus trip from and to Barry in weather like this won’t be fun - I’m not sure you’ll be able to watch it on city tv mind, but there’s nearly always a stream of the game somewhere and I’m sure a link to one will be put on here tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’d trust your instinct on this more than the well intentioned suggestions being made in this thread - it’s possible that you’d find somewhere where you could watch the game in relative comfort, but you know your body best and there are going to be plenty of other games. A bus trip from and to Barry in weather like this won’t be fun - I’m not sure you’ll be able to watch it on city tv mind, but there’s nearly always a stream of the game somewhere and I’m sure a link to one will be put on here tomorrow.
    Cheers young man. Ok no City TV but I will get a stream from somewhere and if I find one I will stick my head in. 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    That’s a good point, if you explain to the club, hopefully they can temporarily move you to the Grandstand?
    I’m expecting the Canton/Ninian corner to be a lot fuller than usual tomorrow. Plenty of spare seats for people to move across into.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I’m expecting the Canton/Ninian corner to be a lot fuller than usual tomorrow. Plenty of spare seats for people to move across into.
    Yes you could be right, a bit more cover.

Off and on, I have been watching the City since 1968. I won't be able to go tomorrow due to this heatwave. I am a season ticket holder in the Ninian Stand, which tomorrow will be in full sunshine. Since having Chemoradiotherapy earlier on this year I have been suffering in the hot weather. I have told my mate I won't be going and that I will see him at the next game. Knowing this country we could both be wearing our scarves. ����
    Hopefully, you can get moved to another part of the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Hopefully, you can get moved to another part of the ground?
    The match is live on Sky Sports, hence the early kick off.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's on TV!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It's on TV!
    It's not on the club TV channel in the UK only sky sports

Due to the high temperatures expected at today's match, free drinking water will be available for all supporters at CCS.

Supporters are kindly asked to bring a re-usable water bottle with them this afternoon.

City supporters who would prefer to sit in a shaded area of the stadium can enter via gates 401, 402 or 403, irrespective of where their Season Ticket or Match Ticket is located.

Find more information in our Matchday Guide 👇

#CityAsOne