+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Only West Ham have beaten us.

Only West Ham have beaten us.

West Ham top the most expensive pint in the prem, we’d be 2nd ?

https://twitter.com/footyaccums/stat...qJRkxhr93jYMJQ

Re: Only West Ham have beaten us.

Quote Originally Posted by ianto73 View Post
    West Ham top the most expensive pint in the prem, we’d be 2nd ?

https://twitter.com/footyaccums/stat...qJRkxhr93jYMJQ
    Why, how much is the cheapest pint at the CCS?

I still find it mad that people pay it. If you could take it to your seat I’d understand it a little more but before the game there are plenty of places to drink in walking distance. I’m not sure how anyone gets a drink at half time without missing at least some of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I still find it mad that people pay it. If you could take it to your seat I’d understand it a little more but before the game there are plenty of places to drink in walking distance. I’m not sure how anyone gets a drink at half time without missing at least some of the game.
    It's nigh on impossible. Me and a mate of mine take it in turns to go down 10 mins before half time. Can usually squeeze a couple in, then. If we're in the Ninian and there's a big crowd, then it's 15 minutes before.

I think we’ve signed another long term contract so these prices are here to stay as far as I’m aware.

We had the opportunity to ask questions like why are the beer prices so high when we had a Q&A yet we asked him pointless questions about on field stuff that he probably has no involvement in

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's nigh on impossible. Me and a mate of mine take it in turns to go down 10 mins before half time. Can usually squeeze a couple in, then. If we're in the Ninian and there's a big crowd, then it's 15 minutes before.
    I can barely get a piss without almost missing some of the game when it’s busy nevermind a pint lol

****ing disgrace..boycott the *****..

International

As a matter of interest to this thread, there was a funeral reception in the stadium yesterday with over 500 people there.
    One guy went to the bar and ordered a round in memory of the deceased for himself and friends. 8 large Captain Mogan spiced rums and coke.
    He was charged over £140.00

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    As a matter of interest to this thread, there was a funeral reception in the stadium yesterday with over 500 people there.
    One guy went to the bar and ordered a round in memory of the deceased for himself and friends. 8 large Captain Mogan spiced rums and coke.
    He was charged over £140.00
    I was at that wake bought a round of 8 and it cost £53 quid

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’ve paid it in the past, in my heaviest drinking days, but what I really don’t get is people watching the game under the stand.

It wouldn’t be AS bad if there wasn’t a delay, but you already know whether true chance has materialised into anything by the crowd reaction.

Maybe I’m just getting older, more sober and more boring.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I was at that wake bought a round of 8 and it cost £53 quid
    Noooooo xsnaggle never makes things up

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Noooooo xsnaggle never makes things up
    I didn't and I don't. I was talking double rums, insider may have been talking pints, I don't know.

They were charging £2.50 for a bottle of water. Kid about 11/12 in front of me wanted a bottle of water but he only had cash so he had to go without. They must be making a killing on match days.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    They were charging £2.50 for a bottle of water. Kid about 11/12 in front of me wanted a bottle of water but he only had cash so he had to go without. They must be making a killing on match days.
    Could be making more if they took cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    There was free water there on Saturday wasn’t there?

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    There was free water there on Saturday wasn’t there?
    I think he meant the wake, it was on Friday, but you'd better check with him.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think he meant the wake, it was on Friday, but you'd better check with him.
    I will, ta. I saw the tweet by City saying free water available and bring your own water bottle, lots of gags underneath about “how about a free bar too?” then one person, a guy in his 30’s…”yeah but what if you haven’t got a water bottle??”

Honestly some people will complain about anything

The food and drink prices at CCS are all very expensive. I know it's a franchise and all that - so it's not the club that sets the prices - but still, I'm sure they'd sell a lot more stuff, if the cost was a bit more reasonable.
    I always used to get a drink, but not any more.

Tin hot dog sausage was £6 at CCS on Saturday - never again.

Would have been cheaper and quicker to have gone to McDonald’s.

Unless you have kids that are insistent on getting something I don't know why anyone bothers. Even if out drinking all day I'll give it a miss at half time 99% of the time. Get in about 5 mins before ko from the pub if drinking too.

The price is a bit of a joke tbf but it's more that fact its a flat pint in a plastic cup which you have to queue for for 20 minutes and its been there since long before you started queing.

I'll occasionally get a bottle of water for £2.50 if there's no queue but no interest in 2 or 3 pints or any of the food.