+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O'Dowda

O'Dowda

I was a bit 'meh!' when we signed him. However, what a good footballer he's turning out to be.
    He plays some lovely slide-rule passes at times, shows great awareness, and is quite strong on the ball too.

Re: O'Dowda

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I was a bit 'meh!' when we signed him. However, what a good footballer he's turning out to be.
    He plays some lovely slide-rule passes at times, shows great awareness, and is quite strong on the ball too.
    He was excellent today 👏

Great "product" of the academy

He's one of our ooowwwwwnnn Callum O'Dowda, he's one of our own

Looks a bit like Whittingham I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Eerily !!!!

Sky interviewer referring to him as an academy product lol.

Thought he was excellent today.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    He's one of our ooowwwwwnnn Callum O'Dowda, he's one of our own

Fair play to him, he didn't dwell on the incorrect claim of being a product of our academy. He kind of saved the blushes of the reporter by quickly moving on.

Two great passes from Wintle and O'Dowda for that goal, I thought both played really well.
    Some good signs but Birmingham did look weak in midfield so I'll refrain from getting too excited for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Two great passes from Wintle and O'Dowda for that goal, I thought both played really well.
    Some good signs but Birmingham did look weak in midfield so I'll refrain from getting too excited for the moment.
    Been a while since I’ve seen us with such a decent midfield, or options at least….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Been a while since I’ve seen us with such a decent midfield, or options at least….
    Very refreshing to see, and we still have Adams to come back too which is a big plus.
    Wintle has been excellent and seems to be making a huge difference in general.

Still a bit poor up top, Philogene's goal aside.

I felt a bit sorry for Watters, he gets into positions here and there but doesn't quite look alert enough. Might be a confidence thing. I do think we should give him a chance but watching him today, he looks like he needs to be a bit more switched on at times for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Reminds me of Whitts too. I think he’s been excellent so far

Exactly the same. I think Bristol City fans' main issue was his consistency. Hopefully he'll keep his current form going for us.

“A product of Cardiff’sYouth system”
    the interviewer asked.

Fair play to him, he didn't dwell on the incorrect claim of being a product of our academy. He kind of saved the blushes of the reporter by quickly moving on.
    He's also got the sort of accent you'd expect from an Irish international.

Someone said earlier that they felt a bit “meh” about his signing. That’s exactly how I felt and it didn’t really change after watching him in pre season, but he’s been very good since the propr stuff began. Seems to me that a lot of the problems he encountered in his final years at Bristol City were down to injuries, hopefully, he can steer clear of them here.

I thought he was excellent yesterday, and it was tough call for anyone picking a MOTM, as both full backs were outstanding as well.
    I wonder if Bundesliga 2 has got another 1 or 2 uncovered gems like Collins, who will rightly be a firm fans favourite if he maintains his current levels of performance

Not only has he got a good touch, cross and movement, but his work rate is excellent and he’s also pretty decent in the air.

I’ve been pleasantly impressed by him so far.

It’s be nuts if a free transfer proved to be our Best Buy from over the bridge in the last 20 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Not only has he got a good touch, cross and movement, but his work rate is excellent and he’s also pretty decent in the air.

I’ve been pleasantly impressed by him so far.

It’s be nuts if a free transfer proved to be our Best Buy from over the bridge in the last 20 years or so.
    He looks up before crossing,he looks the part.

He's talented guess the Brizzies didn't spot his strengths??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He's talented guess the Brizzies didn't spot his strengths??
    think they said he had the talent but he was inconsistent

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    think they said he had the talent but he was inconsistent
    That's the norm for wingers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's the norm for wingers, though.
    Interesting stat from Sky quoted earlier in the thread:

9 touches in the opposition box (career best in his 163 Championship appearances)

His goal last week was his first since November 2021. He's scored just once in each of his last three seasons. In fact, he didn't score at all in 2020 - went around 15 months without a goal.

He's clearly got ability and is obviously in form at the moment. A change of scenery appears to have done him good. Let's hope he can maintain his current levels.

Season last ‘s 46 games not 3. Try not to get carried away. The Robins wouldn’t have let him go if he was any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Season last ‘s 46 games not 3. Try not to get carried away. The Robins wouldn’t have let him go if he was any good.
    I assumed he was out of contract?