+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brentford 4 - 0 Man U

Re: Brentford vs Man U

As things stand Man U will be bottom of the Premiership tonite....

I think I just saw the MU fans singing "we want Ten Hag out..."

Nunez vs MaGuire should be interesting next weekend...

Hey jude bellowing out... another team who have plagiarised "our" anthem, bring back Ali Yassine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    You simply cannot win matches without a good defensive line.

MU's line has been flawed ever since Vidic left

I wouldn't have Harry Maguire anywhere near our back four, he is too slow in both body and mind.
    How the hell he gets in the side let alone captain it is beyond me.
    It's like the elephant in the room
    Yup, he’s bloody awful. How they paid £80 mill for him is just shocking. Considering they still have Phil jones on the books aswell is just beyond comprehension.
    How the mighty fall

well done Brentford a small club we could learn a lot from

Gary Neville post match is the best part.

Re: Brentford 4 - 0 Man U

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    2 nil down to Brentford
    Admittedly I'm a dinosaur from the '60s, but when and why did Manchester United become so despised? I thought they bought eternal protection from mean-spirited comments after the Munich air disaster. Did they exhaust their credit?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Gary Neville post match is the best part.
    It used to be funny, but he's like a broken record now.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    Admittedly I'm a dinosaur from the '60s, but when and why did Manchester United become so despised? I thought they bought eternal protection from mean-spirited comments after the Munich air disaster. Did they exhaust their credit?
    Either since Sky got involved or since Sludge called it as it is.

I would however say "disliked" for MU, I'd save "despised" for Liverpool

Admittedly I'm a dinosaur from the '60s, but when and why did Manchester United become so despised?
    (I remember Jimmy Scoular playing - and, later, hobblin round Ninian Park.)
    As you say there was a groundswell of support after Munich - but even that didn't help them get the results they wanted that season.
    The bottom line for me seems to be their choice of managers. There was a brief hiatus after Busby retired and then a more prolonged slump after Lord Ferguson left. And don't forget it's not just outsiders who despise the club. Check out the green and yellow brigade.

I'll be cheering on Conte this year, I hope he upsets a few people starting with Chelsea tomorrow.

For seasons before United won the initial Premier League the media had kept bringing up how long they had gone without a title, a bit like Liverpool until a few seasons ago.

Alex Ferguson was a love him or hate him character. United were so dominant after that PL winning season that there's something about any person or team that constantly wins that makes people either appreciative or the opposite. Stephen Hendry, Phil Taylor, during their pomp they were either adored or hated. Hendry constantly beating everyone's favourite in 4 world finals probably didn't help him win fans! Some might say that's a jealousy of success. I think it's a desire to see someone else win. There was an arrogance about United in the early days of the PL that didn't endear them to many. How often did they seem to have more injury time than anyone else? They also had an infuriating way of winning games when they were very much second best.

I was fully signed up to the anyone bar Man Utd club after a couple of PL seasons. Seeing them struggle as of late is hilarious! I'd love to see the big 6 struggle, but Utd more than the rest. Leicester winning the PL a few years ago was the best moment in the Premier League's history.

I would not normally make a point of watching any Premier League matches but as the City kick off was early today I made full use of my One-Day Sky Sports pass on NOW TV by watching the Brentford game at 5.30. I have to admit I did secretly enjoy the result as I was hoping the underdogs would have their day of glory against the mighty Man Utd and then watching the frustration on the face of their main prima-donna Ronaldo. Nice to see that the ref was not taken in by the diving.

Ten Hag should have moved on De Gea as he doesn't distribute well.

Followed by Rashford as his head is elsewhere.

Maguire same reason as De Gea and he's slow.

Fred and McTominay not top class midfielders.

Fernandes is just half decent.

Ronaldo carries such a circus around him , bit like Becham did it distracts, wonderful talent though.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ten Hag should have moved on De Gea as he doesn't distribute well.

Followed by Rashford as his head is elsewhere.

Maguire same reason as De Gea and he's slow.

Fred and McTominay not top class midfielders.

Fernandes is just half decent.

Ronaldo carries such a circus around him , bit like Becham did it distracts, wonderful talent though.
    Agree with most of this bar Bruno Fernández who is a class act but the dynamic completely changed when Ronaldo showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    For seasons before United won the initial Premier League the media had kept bringing up how long they had gone without a title, a bit like Liverpool until a few seasons ago.

Alex Ferguson was a love him or hate him character. United were so dominant after that PL winning season that there's something about any person or team that constantly wins that makes people either appreciative or the opposite. Stephen Hendry, Phil Taylor, during their pomp they were either adored or hated. Hendry constantly beating everyone's favourite in 4 world finals probably didn't help him win fans! Some might say that's a jealousy of success. I think it's a desire to see someone else win. There was an arrogance about United in the early days of the PL that didn't endear them to many. How often did they seem to have more injury time than anyone else? They also had an infuriating way of winning games when they were very much second best.

I was fully signed up to the anyone bar Man Utd club after a couple of PL seasons. Seeing them struggle as of late is hilarious! I'd love to see the big 6 struggle, but Utd more than the rest. Leicester winning the PL a few years ago was the best moment in the Premier League's history.
    Thank you for this. The Munich air disaster, along with the presence of such characters as George Best, Bobby Charlton, Denis Law and, let us not forget, Nobby Stiles, just cast a glow over that club. I do understand how success, especially dominant success, breeds frustration. I feel it myself a little right now as regards Manchester City. At first, I was pleased to see their rise since they always, always, always labored in the shadow of Manchester United. Seems to me now they are the perfect example of buying success. It sometime seems the Premier League is the usual top six, with the other 14 teams serving as cannon fodder.

Thank you for this. The Munich air disaster, along with the presence of such characters as George Best, Bobby Charlton, Denis Law and, let us not forget, Nobby Stiles, just cast a glow over that club. I do understand how success, especially dominant success, breeds frustration. I feel it myself a little right now as regards Manchester City. At first, I was pleased to see their rise since they always, always, always labored in the shadow of Manchester United. Seems to me now they are the perfect example of buying success. It sometime seems the Premier League is the usual top six, with the other 14 teams serving as cannon fodder.
    Since they won their last trophy, the 2017 Europa League, Man Utd have spent £672 million on players. Seems like they are the perfect example of buying failure.

I feel it myself a little right now as regards Manchester City. At first, I was pleased to see their rise since they always, always, always labored in the shadow of Manchester United. Seems to me now they are the perfect example of buying success.
    Manchester City signed the most expensive player in Premier League history when they bought Jack Grealish from Aston Villa. Interestingly, though, none of the other nine players in the top ten were signed by Man City.

Of the top ten most expensive players, Man Utd signed four, Chelsea signed three and Arsenal and Liverpool signed one each.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Since they won their last trophy, the 2017 Europa League, Man Utd have spent £672 million on players. Seems like they are the perfect example of buying failure.
    So many wrong managers…..