+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff will have to deal with it if they don’t add a striker.

Cardiff will have to deal with it if they don’t add a striker.

Don’t suppose he can say much else really.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62713559

Re: Cardiff will have to deal with it if they don’t add a striker.

It’s about time one of them stepped up to the plate.

As much, as we can se the effort being put in, Shirley one of them can hit the frigging net before long.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Don’t suppose he can say much else really.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62713559
    Agree; it's a bit early in his precarious managerial career to publically lambaste Vinnie and suggest he puts his hand in his pocket.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Agree; it's a bit early in his precarious managerial career to publically lambaste Vinnie and suggest he puts his hand in his pocket.
    He never said its about money
    He said there is not one out there worth taking. He even said if anyone knew one please let him know.
    How many people complaining about the lack of a striker know one we should have? And who would be prepared to play for us?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    He said there is not one out there worth taking. He even said if anyone knew one please let him know.
    How many people complaining about the lack of a striker know one we should have? And who would be prepared to play for us?
    It fairly clearly suggests that he doesn't have the funds available for any of his targets so it's definitely about the money.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    It fairly clearly suggests that he doesn't have the funds available for any of his targets so it's definitely about the money.
    in your opinion.

I would say it’s absolutely about money.

There’s no one he fancies in his price range

International

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I would say it’s absolutely about money.

There’s no one he fancies in his price range
    I accept that you'd 'say its absolutely about the money', but for years there have been people saying definitely this or definitely that about the club who actually know sweet FA and just think they have better insight into the clubs affairs than the club do.
    I happily accept that the money is probably a large part of the issue but no one can say "Definitely".

I accept that you'd 'say its absolutely about the money', but for years there have been people saying definitely this or definitely that about the club who actually know sweet FA and just think they have better insight into the clubs affairs than the club do.
    I happily accept that the money is probably a large part of the issue but no one can say "Definitely".
    Nobody is claiming to have insight, they're just stating the obvious.
    We all know there's no cash forthcoming from Tan, and Morison clearly has targets that would cost a bit.
    Given the above, I would say, again, that it is DEFINITELY about the money!

International

We all know there's no cash forthcoming from Tan, and Morison clearly has targets that would cost a bit.
    We don't 'All know "no cash is coming from Tan".' people were saying exactly the same thing before Etete arrived. you don't "Know" anything, you just assume (maybe rightly maybe wrongly) from the reports you read or hear.

Ok then peeps, name a striker, who is available, whatever the cost ?

They are like “hens teeth” at the moment !

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Ok then peeps, name a striker, who is available, whatever the cost ?

They are like “hens teeth” at the moment !
    Cristiano Ronaldo's not a happy bunny. We'd still start with Watters though.

Edit: Forgot. He's too old for us.

Ross Barkley’s just become a free agent.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ross Barkley’s just become a free agent.
    Why would we want an overweight midfielder ?

I wonder if we paid Spurs the full £500k for Etete up front? If we did and we hadn’t have signed him there’d be £10k a week + for a year to go towards the wages of an out of contract experienced striker. Would that have been a better option than taking a punt on an untried, could be a hit or a miss Etete? We need someone now not the ‘he’s one for the future’ option.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I wonder if we paid Spurs the full £500k for Etete up front? If we did and we hadn’t have signed him there’d be £10k a week + for a year to go towards the wages of an out of contract experienced striker. Would that have been a better option than taking a punt on an untried, could be a hit or a miss Etete? We need someone now not the ‘he’s one for the future’ option.
    An out of contract experienced striker will likely be too old for our Manager's liking (disclaimer, not Morison-bashing but hasn't he said as much?).

Serious question: are we looking outside of the English Football League? Obviously I don't know the answer to that. Anyone any thoughts/info?

No cash apart from the shedload that's undoubtedly been spent on our 16 signings this summer. A free signing doesn't mean no money has been spent.

There's also 11 clubs that have spent less on transfer fees than us so we're not the only club counting the pennies.

Surely Hugill or Surridge will end up out on loan and probably Archer.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    An out of contract experienced striker will likely be too old for our Manager's liking (disclaimer, not Morison-bashing but hasn't he said as much?).

Serious question: are we looking outside of the English Football League? Obviously I don't know the answer to that. Anyone any thoughts/info?
    He has but beggars can’t choosers and he does need to loosen his rigid criteria. An experienced striker is exactly what we need and the ten grand a week plus the pittance it looks as though we’re looking to pay may have got us one. I love the idea of our own kids coming through but spending half a million on someone else’s youngster in the hope he comes good in two or three seasons time is financial and football madness especially when we’re led to believe the pips are squeaking money wise.

All the talk of Spurs were reluctant to let him go etc etc, when they sold him for about a fortnight’s wage for Harry Kane. Very strange deal on our behalf in my opinion, Etete isn’t going to bang them in any time soon.

in your opinion.

Morison says he is "looking for one player for definite" but there are currently no options available within the club's budget.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He has but beggars can’t choosers and he does need to loosen his rigid criteria. An experienced striker is exactly what we need and the ten grand a week plus the pittance it looks as though we’re looking to pay may have got us one. I love the idea of our own kids coming through but spending half a million on someone else’s youngster in the hope he comes good in two or three seasons time is financial and football madness especially when we’re led to believe the pips are squeaking money wise.

All the talk of Spurs were reluctant to let him go etc etc, when they sold him for about a fortnight’s wage for Harry Kane. Very strange deal on our behalf in my opinion, Etete isn’t going to bang them in any time soon.
    I totally agree with you. I expected Etete to be first choice striker and playing 70-80 mins based on the hype. I didn't expect a project. I was shocked tbh when I saw him and heard the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Surely Hugill or Surridge will end up out on loan and probably Archer.
    Sam Surridge of Forest?

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Morison says he is "looking for one player for definite" but there are currently no options available within the club's budget.
    Just read on WOL that it's a 'certain type of player'. Reading between the lines and with my astute football brain, I'm guessing he means 'someone who can score goals'.

Just read on WOL that it's a 'certain type of player'. Reading between the lines and with my astute football brain, I'm guessing he means 'someone who can score goals'.
    "someone who can score goals and is cheap"

Maybe Collins could make himself useful whilst he's injured and recommend someone from Bundesliga 2 (other than Glatzel).