+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Type 2 Diabetes

Re: Type 2 Diabetes

I’m also a D2er.
    My original level (about 6 years ago) was around 120.
    I’m medicated to the max (2x slow release metformin morning and night, 1x empaglaflozin and 1 x alogliptin morning), but I’m starting to control it, so hoping for some changes soon.
    I’ve completely cut out crisps (none since December) and the effect was huge.
    The advice you’ve been given is sound: cut out the carbs where you can, but it has to be sustainable.
    Once you’ve reduced your weight a bit, you’ll be able to move towards more of a diet with fats, but not much carbs, as long as you exercise.
    For example, you can swap out rice for lentils or chick peas.
    In terms of exercise, walking is fantastic. In fact, Diabetes UK do a sponsored Million Steps event from July - September each year, which I’m taking part in.
    It’s a great way to motivate yourself (around 11k steps a day for the three months). I’ve doubled the target, so I’m spending a lot of time walking!

Quote Originally Posted by @CCFCProgrammes View Post
    What was your level out of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I’m also a D2er.
    My original level (about 6 years ago) was around 120.
    I’m medicated to the max (2x slow release metformin morning and night, 1x empaglaflozin and 1 x alogliptin morning), but I’m starting to control it, so hoping for some changes soon.
    I’ve completely cut out crisps (none since December) and the effect was huge.
    The advice you’ve been given is sound: cut out the carbs where you can, but it has to be sustainable.
    Once you’ve reduced your weight a bit, you’ll be able to move towards more of a diet with fats, but not much carbs, as long as you exercise.
    For example, you can swap out rice for lentils or chick peas.
    In terms of exercise, walking is fantastic. In fact, Diabetes UK do a sponsored Million Steps event from July - September each year, which I’m taking part in.
    It’s a great way to motivate yourself (around 11k steps a day for the three months). I’ve doubled the target, so I’m spending a lot of time walking!
    I am eating a lot of stir fry chicken , pork etc with vegetables , microwaved salmon or cod with steamed spinach etc , my biggest downfall since lockdown has been take aways . Rice , Potatoes , Breakfast Cereal , Pasta , Bread , all bad news in the long run