+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who replaces Kipre on Wednesday?

Re: Who replaces Kipre on Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    If you're happy to lose, fair play. I'm sure the majority of fans, gaffer, players would rather go for a win or at least a point.
    He didn’t say he was happy to lose.

More like a loss isn’t the end of the world at this stage, for this game.

I just can’t see us getting a result here. I think taking any one of Romeo/Ng/Kipre/Collins out makes it an uphill struggle before a ball is even kicked. I’ve never understood the pros of a “ball playing defender” until I saw Kipre moving into space near the half way line, soaking up the opposition. Calm as a cucumber. Spraying it about. I didn’t know that was a thing

If we do somehow manage to do a job without him, I’m calling Champion’s League within a few years.

We could really surprise them tomorrow and go with five centre halves at the back, I'm sure some football manager with real vision will try it one day🤔

Simpson not fit enough yet to start tomorrow, Nelson wasn’t dropped from the squad on Saturday, he had a slight injury. So, it looks like he’ll be starting tomorrow.

Isaak Davies won’t be ready for a few weeks yet.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...atest-24772136

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Simpson not fit enough yet to start tomorrow, Nelson wasn’t dropped from the squad on Saturday, he had a slight injury. So, it looks like he’ll be starting tomorrow.

Isaak Davies won’t be ready for a few weeks yet.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...atest-24772136
    Simpson it is then 😂😂 SM loves a mind game

My concern with Nelson is the obvious, he's had 2 absolute stinkers in a row, do we want to risk a third?
    We're thin on the ground with options but I'd rather give McGuiness a shot if fit, and a chance to prove himself. He deserves a crack over Nelson getting another one at the moment.
    It gives me no pleasure slating Nelson but he's had many chances over the years and never looked consistently good enough at this level.

I am slowly resigning myself to the fact that I will be making tonight's trip all in the name of seeing Nelson drop another 2/10 performance. Unfortunately, it seems Simpson and McGuinness aren't match-ready (unsurprising given their lack of involvement in pre-season and since), and I do think Denham is too lightweight to play alongside Ng; realistically, if I think it, so does Morison, given we are both exceptionally talented football minds.

That being said, we're still gonna tump West Brom 4-0 and go top of the league

If only Ciaron Brown was still here!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    If only Ciaron Brown was still here!
    He could magic up another player

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    I'll be surprised if it's not Nelson.

We have to have someone who can head it away, and McGuiness isn't match fit and is way down the pecking order.

Much too early for Simpson - maybe the toughest away game in the Championship, it could ruin him completely. That's not a problem with Nelson, who has played many Championship games, often without fault, and has something to prove.

Yes, I agree it will be Curtis Nelson, as he's the most experienced and he has something to prove after his last couple of outings.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    We could really surprise them tomorrow and go with five centre halves at the back, I'm sure some football manager with real vision will try it one day🤔

We could make Mick dumbfounded if we went with NO natural centre halfs. Romeo, Ng, Collins, Bagan

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Simpson it is then 😂😂 SM loves a mind game
    Told you so 😂😂