+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who replaces Kipre on Wednesday?

Who replaces Kipre on Wednesday?

Simpson was on the bench yesterday, so you’d think it would be him, but Steve Morison talked about him being “hung out to dry” by Rangers in that he wasn’t involved in their pre season, so it would probably be a bit of a risk. He's also talked about what a difference having Ng back made yesterday, so it seems he’s very much part of what the manager considers his strongest team.

Re: Who replaces Kipre on Wednesday?

If it isn't Simpson, then it was a strange decision to put him on the the bench yesterday?
    McGuinness, Denham or Bagan on the Bench at the Hawthorns, alternatively one of the travelling fans would be a better option than the player whose second touch isn't even a tackle but a foul in the box

Anyone, bar Horatio

Kipre has already made his mark in just a handful of games.
    I don't think I've seen him make a stray pass yet.
    Compare the rest assured feeling you get with him bringing the ball out against the likes of Nelson and McGuiness.
    Simpson is probably lacking too much match fitness to be considered.
    I really don't know who they'll put in his place for the next game. Surely, Nelson won't get another chance?

He looks a superb player

I'm up for it , played at Gwent County level as a centre back / Captain for a good few years ..I'll message the club ..

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Nelson back in. He has had a nightmare start to the season and will not play out like Kipre, but for most of his time with us he has been a solid defender and with a bit of pace. Some of the stick he has had is OTT.

The alternatives all have problems: McGuinness has done something (other than some iffy performances last season) to ensure he is now 6th choice CB and isn’t even getting bench spots. Simpson may have got on the bench yesterday - maybe to help integrate him into the squad - but surely isn’t ready to start yet. Denham is inexperienced and after a very impressive start last season has shown his youth and lack of presence or strength. He will get there but he is still a baby and WBA will be more of a battle than Liverpool in the cup. Who else? Bagan or Collins could maybe slot in at LCB (did Collins cover sometimes at Paderborn?) but that would be a different kind of risk and in Collins’ case really weaken us at LB.

I think Nelson probably needs more time out of the spotlight - but I can see Morison backing him one more time!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Anyone, bar Horatio
    Horatio, you can't come on here anymore.

As much as I loved the win yesterday, we're almost certainly losing without Kipre.

McGuinness for me if Simpson isn't match fit even though he's not in favour. I'd have Denham as Ng's deputy.

I'm in the anyone but Nelson camp but in this case I think it makes sense if he plays.

Denham is a great prospect but this would be a tough game for him at this juncture in his career: WBA have plenty of firepower. Simpson probably needs more bedding in before chucking him on in this test and again, McGuiness could really do with an easier match for his return.

All that said I've got little confidence in Nelson and really wish Kipre was our own player.

We have to use this season to develop our players so put Denham in , if he was a mare hey ho , clap him on and off..

McGuiness for me at the minute, Denham looks like he needs a season on loan in league 1 or 2 in order to help him develop his sharpness and physicality.
    Nelson really isn't good enough at this level in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    As much as I loved the win yesterday, we're almost certainly losing without Kipre.
    Love your optimism 🙄

West Brom could be u der a bit of pressure if they lose today, no wins after 3…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    West Brom could be u der a bit of pressure if they lose today, no wins after 3…..
    Blackburn winning 2-0 at moment.
    Weds could be interesting

International

Simpson !

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Simpson !
    Don't think he's match fit yet, maybe start with McGuiness and if he's shaky, give Simpson the 2nd half.

really interesting one, I really can't call it.

could be any 2 of the other 5 involved and I wouldn't be that surprised

I'd be very surprised if it was McGuinness. He hasn't played a minute yet. I think he'll go Simpson given he was on the bench but I wouldn't be shocked if it was Nelson.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'd be very surprised if it was McGuinness. He hasn't played a minute yet. I think he'll go Simpson given he was on the bench but I wouldn't be shocked if it was Nelson.
    I'll be surprised if it's not Nelson.

We have to have someone who can head it away, and McGuiness isn't match fit and is way down the pecking order.

Much too early for Simpson - maybe the toughest away game in the Championship, it could ruin him completely. That's not a problem with Nelson, who has played many Championship games, often without fault, and has something to prove.

Yes I also think it will be Nelson, he has the most experience and something to prove after recent poor performances

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Yes I also think it will be Nelson, he has the most experience and something to prove after recent poor performances
    I'd be surprised if it was Nelson after his last two outings to be honest, we can't afford another mis-hap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    I'd be surprised if it was Nelson after his last two outings to be honest, we can't afford another mis-hap.
    um...we can afford to lose you know.
    we aren't going to go unbeaten from now onwards

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    um...we can afford to lose you know.
    we aren't going to go unbeaten from now onwards
    If you're happy to lose, fair play. I'm sure the majority of fans, gaffer, players would rather go for a win or at least a point.