+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thirteen proves lucky for impressive Cardiff City – how was it only 1-0 though?

Thirteen proves lucky for impressive Cardiff City – how was it only 1-0 though?

Under 18s beat Manchester United as well.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Thirteen proves lucky for impressive Cardiff City – how was it only 1-0 though?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Under 18s beat Manchester United as well.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/
    Excellent write-up, worth a bump.

I've read so many times on here how Morison polarises opinions and you either love him or hate him but it still seems that you, me and about 95% of posters on here are on the middle ground that apparently doesn't exist. We're all just watching and wondering how this is going to turn out, and saving our judgment on him till then, which seems logical. It's going to be an interesting season.

Re: Thirteen proves lucky for impressive Cardiff City – how was it only 1-0 though?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Excellent write-up, worth a bump.

I've read so many times on here how Morison polarises opinions and you either love him or hate him but it still seems that you, me and about 95% of posters on here are on the middle ground that apparently doesn't exist. We're all just watching and wondering how this is going to turn out, and saving our judgment on him till then, which seems logical. It's going to be an interesting season.
    Thanks Loramski. I was more in the anti Morison camp last season than the pro one for a few reasons. The main one being incidents like the criticism of Isaak Davies allied with an impression, which may have been wrong, that he was far more willing to criticise young players in public than senior ones. Also, after an initial period where we did seem to try to play more football, we reverted to normal and so I became a bit cynical as to whether he was any different from McCarthy, Harris, Warnock and Slade. Thirdly, I wasn’t a fan of his media style.

On the other hand, you need to recall where we were when he took over and he managed to take us to a position where we were mathematically safe from the drop for weeks before the season ended, so it was very much job done in that respect.

This time around, Morison is quids in with me at least because it’s obvious that his words about wanting to change the way we play were not hollow ones. In fact, it’s reached the stage where someone like me, who grew to hate the way we played, is a little concerned that we’ve gone too much the other way in that I wonder if our relative lack of height makes us vulnerable at set pieces and you only had to watch Manchester United’s attempts to play out from the back being so ruthlessly exploited by Brentford to realise the dangers involved in what we’re trying to do.

I like the way we are trying to play for many reasons, but I think the main one is that we’re looking to pass it forward quickly. I envied Swansea at times last season, but there was still a feeling that a lot of the time they were passing it to no purpose - we did not do that on Saturday and while more patience is being shown, the plan doesn’t appear to be to aim for seventy per cent plus possession, it’s to to get into promising areas as soon as possible while valuing possession much more than we used to.

We’ll have to wait to see about Morison’s more controversial public comments on his players, but I’m on his side in his difference of opinion with Glen Williams over Max Watters - I doubt it if he’ll change much in that he won’t suffer fools gladly and I expect a few more Isaak Davies type issues with him in the coming months, but I’m a lot more positive about him for now because of the way we’re playing and that is not going to be results driven - there is no way I’ll be calling for a return to the dross we played for too long in the past even if results start going badly.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks Loramski. I was more in the anti Morison camp last season than the pro one for a few reasons. The main one being incidents like the criticism of Isaak Davies allied with an impression, which may have been wrong, that he was far more willing to criticise young players in public than senior ones. Also, after an initial period where we did seem to try to play more football, we reverted to normal and so I became a bit cynical as to whether he was any different from McCarthy, Harris, Warnock and Slade. Thirdly, I wasn’t a fan of his media style.

On the other hand, you need to recall where we were when he took over and he managed to take us to a position where we were mathematically safe from the drop for weeks before the season ended, so it was very much job done in that respect.

This time around, Morison is quids in with me at least because it’s obvious that his words about wanting to change the way we play were not hollow ones. In fact, it’s reached the stage where someone like me, who grew to hate the way we played, is a little concerned that we’ve gone too much the other way in that I wonder if our relative lack of height makes us vulnerable at set pieces and you only had to watch Manchester United’s attempts to play out from the back being so ruthlessly exploited by Brentford to realise the dangers involved in what we’re trying to do.

I like the way we are trying to play for many reasons, but I think the main one is that we’re looking to pass it forward quickly. I envied Swansea at times last season, but there was still a feeling that a lot of the time they were passing it to no purpose - we did not do that on Saturday and while more patience is being shown, the plan doesn’t appear to be to aim for seventy per cent plus possession, it’s to to get into promising areas as soon as possible while valuing possession much more than we used to.

We’ll have to wait to see about Morison’s more controversial public comments on his players, but I’m on his side in his difference of opinion with Glen Williams over Max Watters - I doubt it if he’ll change much in that he won’t suffer fools gladly and I expect a few more Isaak Davies type issues with him in the coming months, but I’m a lot more positive about him for now because of the way we’re playing and that is not going to be results driven - there is no way I’ll be calling for a return to the dross we played for too long in the past even if results start going badly.
    I think his occasional brash and on edge style is due to his inexperience.

He's a very young manager and for a lot of people in the game this is a big job .