+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you have put a fit Ralls in the starting lineup yesteday

Re: Would you have put a fit Ralls in the starting lineup yesteday

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’m sure I read Morison say Adams is back training in and words to the effect he is a machine. I guess that doesn’t tell us how long until a he’s back though. Seemed a positive update.
    Fingers x he is right. I was really excited about Adams joining us and was really pissed off when i heard how bad s injury was. I am sure he is going to prove to be a great buy.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Before the season started I had Adams down as an automatic starter. Having seen Rinomhota yesterday, they are very similar in style & position, so my take is Sawyers<>Colwill Rinomhota <>Adams Wintle <>Ralls
    I think Eli King has been playing the Wintle understudy role since pre-season. I would put Ralls in the same box as Rinomhota, Adams and Sang. But although he has the most experience and can be very good with dead balls, Ralls is surely the least dynamic of all of them. Still a good player and an asset off the pitch - but not a starter (at least not now).

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He did play left back once or twice, not a Morison type full back though.
    Maybe he could in a back 3, I struggle to imagine him in a back four.
    Only can see him as an Ng type but his pace limits where he can sit on the field

The current midfield players have been superb, but the chances of them playing every game together throughout the season are very slim.
    Injury, suspension, etc will mean players waiting in the wings will need to step in and maintain the high standards that they are currently performing to.
    We need an experienced professional like Ralls along with Adams(when fit) and Sang to make the step up, he wouldn't have started on Saturday, but I'm glad he's still here as he will be needed.

On another note, I send King out on loan to get real game time experience rather than under 21 matches

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ralls has been in the squad for all four of our games as well as the latter pre season ones, so I don’t get where this assumption that he isn’t fit comes from. It’s clear we’ve played our best football so far with the three who started yesterday in central midfield, so Ralls doesn’t get in at the moment. However, as mentioned earlier, the games will soon be coming thick and fast and he’ll be starting games then.
    A good back up, he will allow us to rest players with a knock to ensure they don't end up with longer term injury problems.

We haven't had this option in the past, so it's good to have some good quality second teamers ready and waiting.