+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you have put a fit Ralls in the starting lineup yesteday

Would you have put a fit Ralls in the starting lineup yesteday

...I wouldn't have.

Re: Would you have put a fit Ralls in the starting lineup yesteday

No.
    Ralls is now 5th choice CM after Wintle, Sawyers, Rino, Colwill.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    No.
    This.

I like him and I'm glad he stayed but it's a testament to how good our midfield is right now. Ralls should be brought on late to sure things up now and again and nothing more at this point.

Unless of course any of the above players' performances dip (like Reading).

In love with our midfield at the minute.

Definitely not.

We've got midfielders who can pick out a pass and who don't treat the ball like it's some hot potato. Why change that by bringing Ralls on?

No.
    I think Sawyers and Colwill are competing for the same spot and Ralls is currently third or fourth choice when Adams is fit behind Wintle and Rinomhota

No.
    different roles there.
    I'd see sawyers and Colwill in direct competition for the more advanced role.
    then we have the 2 deeper CMs out of Wintle, Rinomhota, Adams and Ralls.
    it's a long season so we will need all 4

No.

I’m a huge Ralls fan but can’t help but feel his wages could have been saved to use elsewhere.

Not for me. Wintle is first choice, out of Adams and Rino for the other more defensive role.
    There's a few ahead of Ralls now for sure.
    He's not the best defensively and he doesn't do a lot creatively. He's a "tidy" player, but we clearly need more than that and he isn't better than those other options, or even quite as good as them.

Obviously not. Sure nobody would?

However with the winter break its 2 games a week pretty much non stop and 5 subs a game so we will see a lot of him for sure.

Absolutely no way. Ralls is not as good as he thinks he is and is very lucky to have been re employed. All Ralls will do is slow play down and I for one very much enjoy our new style of play.

At the moment no but if fit he will play a sizeable role in this team as the first choice 3 we saw yesterday won't play every match even when all are fit.

Adams is also out for a while I believe.

I'd like to think Ralls at his best still adds something to the team, its great though that we haven't yet missed him.

If the midfield 3 play as well as they did yesterday consistently I'd be amazed though.

Ralls took so long to sign i can only assume we offered him a significantly reduced wage and when he waited for a better deal no other club even matched that. Would hope we arent paying him much anyway. Glad he stayed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    At the moment no but if fit he will play a sizeable role in this team as the first choice 3 we saw yesterday won't play every match even when all are fit.

Adams is also out for a while I believe.

I'd like to think Ralls at his best still adds something to the team, its great though that we haven't yet missed him.

If the midfield 3 play as well as they did yesterday consistently I'd be amazed though.
    I’m sure I read Morison say Adams is back training in and words to the effect he is a machine. I guess that doesn’t tell us how long until a he’s back though. Seemed a positive update.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    ...I wouldn't have.
    I have always thought that Ralls has done a decent job for the club but on recent viewings he reminds me a bit of a poor man’s Aaron Ramsay - lost a yard of pace and sometimes struggles to keep up with the pace of the modern game, which was intrinsic to both of their games.

So I can’t see him starting much, sadly.

No chance.

Our midfield looks dynamic and is creating chances.

Ralls has been in the squad for all four of our games as well as the latter pre season ones, so I don’t get where this assumption that he isn’t fit comes from. It’s clear we’ve played our best football so far with the three who started yesterday in central midfield, so Ralls doesn’t get in at the moment. However, as mentioned earlier, the games will soon be coming thick and fast and he’ll be starting games then.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ralls has been involved in all four of our games as well as the latter pre season ones, so I don’t get where this assumption that he isn’t fit comes from. It’s clear we’ve played our best football so far with the three who started yesterday in central midfield, so Ralls doesn’t get in at the moment. However, as mentioned earlier, the games will soon be coming thick and fast and he’ll be starting games then.
    Oh I'm sure he will be in and around there at some point, I just don't happen to think he's very good.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I think Sawyers and Colwill are competing for the same spot and Ralls is currently third or fourth choice when Adams is fit behind Wintle and Rinomhota
    Before the season started I had Adams down as an automatic starter. Having seen Rinomhota yesterday, they are very similar in style & position, so my take is Sawyers<>Colwill Rinomhota <>Adams Wintle <>Ralls

The manager has unearthed some absolute gems meaning Ralls, hitherto one of our better players, won't get a look in thankfully. The last thing we want is a player who will slow play up to such a degree that any momentum in the side, which we now have, will be severely affected. Ralls might get in the side later in the season but he is likely to be very much a third or fourth choice.

Possibly a stupid suggestion but wonder if Ralls can play at the back

I don’t see how he starts ahead of Wintle

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The manager has unearthed some absolute gems meaning Ralls, hitherto one of our better players, won't get a look in thankfully. The last thing we want is a player who will slow play up to such a degree that any momentum in the side, which we now have, will be severely affected. Ralls might get in the side later in the season but he is likely to be very much a third or fourth choice.
    Jamilu Collins and Wintle must be worth a few bob in todays inflated transfer market

Ralls chance will come,injures,dips in form,suspensions,rotation.It’s up to him to take his chance (which I think he will).
    Vast experience in the Championship and played with poor midfielders and systems.
    Don’t rule him out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’m sure I read Morison say Adams is back training in and words to the effect he is a machine. I guess that doesn’t tell us how long until a he’s back though. Seemed a positive update.
    Fingers x he is right. I was really excited about Adams joining us and was really pissed off when i heard how bad s injury was. I am sure he is going to prove to be a great buy.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Possibly a stupid suggestion but wonder if Ralls can play at the back
    He did play left back once or twice, not a Morison type full back though.
    Maybe he could in a back 3, I struggle to imagine him in a back four.