+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Current Economic Problems

Re: Current Economic Problems

UK inflation hits 10.1 per cent this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yep, the only good element is that the monthly increase was the slowest for 6 months, suggesting we are at or nearing the peak.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...ation-rate-mom

And also that petrol prices are finally falling and should continue to do so.

On the other hand, UK (and European) wholesale gas prices have absolutely rocketed in the last weeks
    https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/uk-natural-gas

This is going to be a very difficult winter on our continent.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Yep, the only good element is that the monthly increase was the slowest for 6 months, suggesting we are at or nearing the peak.
    https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...ation-rate-mom

And also that petrol prices are finally falling and should continue to do so.

On the other hand, UK (and European) wholesale gas prices have absolutely rocketed in the last weeks
    https://tradingeconomics.com/commodity/uk-natural-gas

This is going to be a very difficult winter on our continent.
    Sounds a bit Shakesperean.

listening to R4 this am, the big topic was inflation being > 10%. The general consensus amongst economists that the driving factors were post Covid demand being far greater than supply (fuel, energy, food) and that the war in Ukraine has not helped.

There were differing opinions on whether raising interest rates further would help or not, given the main drivers of inflation are external factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Sounds a bit Shakesperean.
    Thanks. I've been called the Willy of this board before.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    listening to R4 this am, the big topic was inflation being > 10%. The general consensus amongst economists that the driving factors were post Covid demand being far greater than supply (fuel, energy, food) and that the war in Ukraine has not helped.

There were differing opinions on whether raising interest rates further would help or not, given the main drivers of inflation are external factors.
    How much money has the UK government given to Ukraine so far , I’m sure some of this money could have been allocated elsewhere.

On a separate note how much weaponry worth billions was left in Afghanistan which could have been reallocated to Europe?

Makes no sense to me.

Organ was right about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    How much money has the UK government given to Ukraine so far , I’m sure some of this money could have been allocated elsewhere.

On a separate note how much weaponry worth billions was left in Afghanistan which could have been reallocated to Europe?

Makes no sense to me.
    Into somebody's back pocket?

Makes no sense to me.
    Correct me if I am wrong but it does appear you'd rather Putin and his cronies be allowed to run amok in Ukraine instead of the UK directly assisting? Do Chamberlain and appeasement mean nothing to you?

Why do you think the UK government borrowing to fund Ukraine's arms impacts inflation? Inflation is based on the rise in prices of a basket of goods, and it may surprise you to find that the NLAW doesn't feature in your typical everyday basket for most of us.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Thanks. I've been called the Willy of this board before.
    That's a very bard joke.

That's a very bard joke.
    It's a small problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I'd say it's more corruption and greed on a massive scale. Other countries aren't suffering as much as us.
    Read the world news , you may see a bigger picture developing

Makes no sense to me.
    Its more about the nature of the USA departure and advanced communication to the UK , I'm sure a lot of stuff was sabotaged and to be fair was given to the Afgan government to use and defend it self ,they rolled over the rest is history , all departing armies leave behind weaponry ,some of it may well be over 16 years old :

From CNN

Approximately $7 billion of military equipment the US transferred to the Afghan government over the course of 16 years was left behind in Afghanistan after the US completed its withdrawal from the country in August, according to a congressionally mandated report from the US Department of Defense viewed by CNN.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but it does appear you'd rather Putin and his cronies be allowed to run amok in Ukraine instead of the UK directly assisting? Do Chamberlain and appeasement mean nothing to you?

Why do you think the UK government borrowing to fund Ukraine's arms impacts inflation? Inflation is based on the rise in prices of a basket of goods, and it may surprise you to find that the NLAW doesn't feature in your typical everyday basket for most of us.
    Firstly, I’ve no opinion on a proxy war that’s been going on for 8/9 years and if I did , I’d like to see both sides of the argument reported in the UK media. This may assist with the sheep mentally of the general public.

I am not sure what inflation has got to do with the UK plundering billions into weaponry , I was hoping this money may have been allocated elsewhere within the Uk in places such as youth centres , homeless, schools etc , and I’m aware how inflation works believe it or not more-so as my wife is an accountant.

Hope that helps

Firstly, I’ve no opinion on a proxy war that’s been going on for 8/9 years and if I did , I’d like to see both sides of the argument reported in the UK media. This may assist with the sheep mentally of the general public.

I am not sure what inflation has got to do with the UK plundering billions into weaponry , I was hoping this money may have been allocated elsewhere within the Uk in places such as youth centres , homeless, schools etc , and I’m aware how inflation works believe it or not more-so as my wife is an accountant.

Hope that helps
    Plundering means to take out and not put in.

The money has been taken out of the UK economy, and then utilised elsewhere.

Yes it does, Sir William Shakespeare

Intrinsically linked to lockdown policy ?

https://dailysceptic.org/2022/08/14/...ckdown-policy/
    If you have 10 minutes, take a look at this. It's absolutely nothing to do with party politics so hopefully won't lead to yet another bickering thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIpLwiaQRRk

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    If you have 10 minutes, take a look at this. It's absolutely nothing to do with party politics so hopefully won't lead to yet another bickering thread.

All covered in the Great Reset thread, and yes, there is lot's of bickering and outright denial, probably due to Bill Gates and the WEF being heroes to many on here

Great stuff. Definitely has that "let's sharpen up the pitchforks" rebelliousness about it! Vive la révolution!

Give this short video a watch if you still have the ability to think critically.

Dr Malhotra on calling for vaccine data transparency: 'The information has evolved considerably'

That's a very bard joke.
    A comedy of errors if you will..

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Give this short video a watch if you still have the ability to think critically.

Dr Malhotra on calling for vaccine data transparency: 'The information has evolved considerably'
    Two posters who were rubbishing the seriousness of Covid in early 2020 only to be proved hopelessly wrong in a manner which made one of them disappear from the board for ages to lick his wounds post links to videos with one of them said to have nothing to do with party politics. Both of the gents concerned are no fans of the BBC which I presume they feel is not the bastion of neutrality that it used to be.

Yet, the channels their links come from have a clear political agenda which both videos fuel.

I’ve watched a few of he Ross Noble lookalikes videos before and I find him unconvincing as he seems to flit between things that have you thinking”fair point” and mad conspiracy stuff.

Dr Malhotra is a different matter though, I found him to be convincing and knowledgeable and I could believe what he was saying which, f I understood him correctly, was that a lot of they early claims made regarding the capabilities of the vaccine have been proved to be wrong.

Should we be surprised by this though? Surely not. The first vaccines appeared almost a year to the day since stories about a possibly deadly new virus began emerging from Wuhan, how could anyone claim with total authority that a vaccine manufactured and tested in such a short time would be completely safe?

My attitude when I was booked in for my first vaccine was that there were certainly risks involved in having it, but the risks presented by a new variant of Covid which was more deadly than the original were greater. Now, surprise, surprise, it’s emerging that the vaccines aren’t what they were originally claimed to be and, for me at least, this is a completely predictable development which is being seized upon those who were originally Covid sceptics and are now desperate to cling on to any scraps which they see as a vindication for their views.

As I’ve mentioned before, all you need to do is go back to the Covid thread on here which was started in March 2020 and look at the contributions from some of the usual suspects to be reminded of how completely and utterly wrong they were at the time.

Dr Malhotra is a different matter though, I found him to be convincing and knowledgeable and I could believe what he was saying which, if I understood him correctly, was that a lot of they early claims made regarding the capabilities of the vaccine have been proved to be wrong.
    Given these new developments, why isn't Dr Malhotra appearing on the BBC or having his articles selected for publication in the Guardian? I'd suggest he chose to appear on GB News because they are the only news outlet willing to air the uncomfortable truth.

As I’ve mentioned before, all you need to do is go back to the Covid thread on here which was started in March 2020 and look at the contributions from some of the usual suspects to be reminded of how completely and utterly wrong they were at the time.
    This actually sounds like a good idea