+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Seat in the Ninian stand duplicated

Seat in the Ninian stand duplicated

I've got 3 seats together and for the first time this season all 3 of us turned up (my son's away in uni) yesterday. Someone was sat in my seat and insisted his ticket was for the seat. He quickly flashed it and it looked the same. I've emailed the ticket office but wondered if anyone else has had the same issue?

Re: Seat in the Ninian stand duplicated

With stuff like this it always seems to be someone is off by 1 row

How long have you had your three seats?
    When he "flashed" his ticket, are you sure it was for your seat? This season?

Having said that, my son had his ST seat resold when we were at NP.
    Ticket office is not perfect.

Whenever I've had someone in my seat they've been in the wrong row

Happened to me at the cricket yesterday.
    They were convinced they were in the right row, right seats, until i pointed out that block 25 was one block further along 🙂

Same thing happened to me for the Norwich game. I’ve been sat in the same Ninian Stand seat for at least five years, since I moved from the family stand. Went to my seat, someone there who was adamant it’s his seat. They gave him exactly the same season ticket seat as me. To be fair, he was ok about it and moved to my mates seat, who was on holiday. He said he was going to sort it out with the ticket office. Shambolic from the ticket office really, but can’t say I’m surprised.

It's happened to me once. The guy who said it was his seat had a season ticket for the seat I was occupying. I was marched off to the ticket office by the steward and missed the first half while they gave me another seat. I was especially angry as I had driven 150 miles to attend the game.

Was on an Emirates flight once. Someone turned up and said I was in their seat. Showed me their boarding pass and it was Indeed their seat. Got my boarding pass out and it said the same seat. The stewards were very confused. They moved me to business class as I was on my own and the gentleman had his partner with him so they say together.

A little later I looked at my boarding pass again and it was the boarding pass for my previous flight.. no one had noticed and only looked at the row and seat number not the flight number / destination.

I laughed but did admit it to the steward who also laughed at my stupidity and said she also checked on their system and had already clocked it. But they left me in business class.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I've got 3 seats together and for the first time this season all 3 of us turned up (my son's away in uni) yesterday. Someone was sat in my seat and insisted his ticket was for the seat. He quickly flashed it and it looked the same. I've emailed the ticket office but wondered if anyone else has had the same issue?
    The seat numbers at the stadium are all individual i.e. they are not duplicated from block to block. They start at 1 and run consecutively all the way around the bowl. So it should be impossible for two tickets to have the same number. I would guess that either it was a ticket for a different match or had been altered or forged by the holder. It is possible that the holder was let in via a steward by mistake, if they thought that the turnstile was faulty. If the turnstile let the other person in, then it wouldn't have let you in and vice versa as there is only one useable barcode per seat per match. I would have had a VERY close look at the other persons ticket and I certainly wouldn't have let him use my seat - I would have called a steward there and then and got it sorted out straight away, otherwise he could pull the trick again. It could also be a software problem with the system of course but that appears the least likely explanation to me.

I haven’t checked this season, but if you’ a season ticket holder, isn’t your name printed under the seat ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I haven’t checked this season, but if you’ a season ticket holder, isn’t your name printed under the seat ?
    It was offered as an incentive to renew early about 4/5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The seat numbers at the stadium are all individual i.e. they are not duplicated from block to block. They start at 1 and run consecutively all the way around the bowl. So it should be impossible for two tickets to have the same number. I would guess that either it was a ticket for a different match or had been altered or forged by the holder. It is possible that the holder was let in via a steward by mistake, if they thought that the turnstile was faulty. If the turnstile let the other person in, then it wouldn't have let you in and vice versa as there is only one useable barcode per seat per match. I would have had a VERY close look at the other persons ticket and I certainly wouldn't have let him use my seat - I would have called a steward there and then and got it sorted out straight away, otherwise he could pull the trick again. It could also be a software problem with the system of course but that appears the least likely explanation to me.
    I’m sure it’s much more likely to be a cock up than something malicious.
    One row to far forward or back, previous season ticket, mistaken number, misprint from the ticket office, etc.

You can see which seats have been sold to ST holders on the website. If you’re going through all that trouble to forge a ticket good enough to be let in, I’m sure you’d check first if the seat is available.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I’m sure it’s much more likely to be a cock up than something malicious.
    One row to far forward or back, previous season ticket, mistaken number, misprint from the ticket office, etc.

You can see which seats have been sold to ST holders on the website. If you’re going through all that trouble to forge a ticket good enough to be let in, I’m sure you’d check first if the seat is available.
    Got this from the ticket office today -
    Thank you for your email.

Looking at your account your seat is xxx xxx so the person sat there was in the wrong seat.

The font used for our season tickets this year make the H and K look very similar, sorry for the confusion on this. we are aware of this and have made stewards aware.