+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea v Spurs

Chelsea v Spurs

Kicking off between the two managers after the final whistle.
    Finished 2-2.

Re: Chelsea v Spurs

Got to love Conte's passion for the game, and his game changing tactics.

That was a great game.

Not sure what Tuchel was playing at during the handshake to cause that scuffle.

It's good to see refs leaving lots go that they would have penalised in previous seasons

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That was a great game.
    I'm thinking Tuchel's and Conte's Sky interviews are going to be on a par.

Fantastic game.

Why did Conte get the red card? It looked like Tuchel grabbed his hand and wouldn't let go.

Chelsea threw it away.

Spurs really shouldn't have been in it by the time they equalised.

Kane's header looked like it was going wide before James got a touch yet it was credited to Kane

Excellent game full of incident.

Chelsea look good.

Always like to see Chelsea not win

That volley from Koulibaly

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    but how was that hair pull not noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    but how was that hair pull not noticed?
    Romero is Argentinian, and he was settling a score on the pitch, as he did with Havertz. It's probably not a good idea to kick him and think you've got away with it.

Both managers like naughty schoolboys when being questioned by Shreeves.

Nice to see a bit of pashun as far as I'm concerned.

I’ve never seen so much theatrics as I saw earlier, both on and off the pitch. Like big girls blouses the lot of them. Who wants to be part of the circus which has now become the Premier League?!I don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    I’ve never seen so much theatrics as I saw earlier, both on and off the pitch. Like big girls blouses the lot of them. Who wants to be part of the circus which has now become the Premier League?!I don’t.
    I thought it was great entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Romero is Argentinian, and he was settling a score on the pitch, as he did with Havertz. It's probably not a good idea to kick him and think you've got away with it.
    He’s an Argentinian and he’s also a walking red card from what I’ve seen of him - I assume he was signed to try and do something about Spurs’ “southern softies” tag.

For me, as a neutral, that was great entertainment. Great to see both managers having so much passion as well. I do wonder in these situations though, if none of the backroom staff got involved by pulling their guy away, how far it would actually go 😁

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    For me, as a neutral, that was great entertainment. Great to see both managers having so much passion as well. I do wonder in these situations though, if none of the backroom staff got involved by pulling their guy away, how far it would actually go 😁
    On that subject. I remember yrs ago travelling up to Edinburgh to watch the City play Hibs in a pre season friendly. All the Hibs casuals were out in force that day, and they were trying their hardest to goad us City fans into getting involved.
    Well into the game( which i think we lost 2-1 after an Earnie wonder strike), one of there fans got onto the pitch, and started running over towards us, gesturing with both hands, the old come ahead routine. For some reason, not one steward came on to try and stop him, and as he got closer and closer, the expression on his face, went from aggressive, to fu*k me. What do i do now!! He got to within a few feet from us, and all of a sudden stopped in his tracks and started dancing !!
    To this day, me and my mates who were there, always refer to him as “ The 6 yard shuffler” 😂😂

He’s an Argentinian and he’s also a walking red card from what I’ve seen of him - I assume he was signed to try and do something about Spurs’ “southern softies” tag.
    FaI_kTrWIAE21JK.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Payback is a bitch.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    It was brilliant, the Mangers made it for me, what happens next time they obviously hate each other really.

Just been listening to the Radio Five phone in about it and I can see both sides of the argument as to whether the managers going at it like that is good for the game or not. If I’d been a Chelsea player yesterday watching my manager performing like he did throughout the ninety minutes, my attitude would have been the same as it was when I was watching on my sofa at home as a pensioner - I’d have found it funny because I couldn’t get this image of John Cleese/Basil Fawlty out of my mind, I just couldn’t take him seriously once that image became lodged in my mind.

That probably explains why I’d have never have made a professional footballer even if I had the requisite talent.

Listening to the contrasting views on the phone in, Whitts came into my mind. He was an exceptional footballer not just because he was an exceptional footballer. He was also exceptional because he said he didn’t celebrate when he scored goals because he found it embarrassing. There was also the oft repeated rumour that he did not like football - I reckon that was probably untrue, but I’m sure there are a small minority of players out there who don’t.

However, increasingly as he got older Whitts would chop down opponents who were going past him and some of his fouls were so bad that they might have deserved a straight red. So, even someone like Whitts, who it seems to me recognised many of the game’s absurdities, knew what he had to do in situations where he needed to “take one for the team”. I don’t like it when that term is used in a game I’m watching or listening to as a neutral and it annoys me when the term “good foul” is used to describe a hack or grab of the shirt to stop a counter attack, but then you think of the reaction a player would get from their manager and team mates if they just let the other player run past then in such circumstances.

It’s ingrained in the game that professionals have to behave a certain way and I’m sure both managers yesterday would have the backing and admiration of their teams for behaving like they did - the down side is that there’ll be a small number of dads who manage their kids under tens teams who’ll be thinking they’ll do a Conte or Tuchel next weekend.

Just been listening to the Radio Five phone in about it and I can see both sides of the argument as to whether the managers going at it like that is good for the game or not. If I’d been a Chelsea player yesterday watching my manager performing like he did throughout the ninety minutes, my attitude would have been the same as it was when I was watching on my sofa at home as a pensioner - I’d have found it funny because I couldn’t get this image of John Cleese/Basil Fawlty out of my mind, I just couldn’t take him seriously once that image became lodged in my mind.

That probably explains why I’d have never have made a professional footballer even if I had the requisite talent.

Listening to the contrasting views on the phone in, Whitts came into my mind. He was an exceptional footballer not just because he was an exceptional footballer. He was also exceptional because he said he didn’t celebrate when he scored goals because he found it embarrassing. There was also the oft repeated rumour that he did not like football - I reckon that was probably untrue, but I’m sure there are a small minority of players out there who don’t.

However, increasingly as he got older Whitts would chop down opponents who were going past him and some of his fouls were so bad that they might have deserved a straight red. So, even someone like Whitts, who it seems to me recognised many of the game’s absurdities, knew what he had to do in situations where he needed to “take one for the team”. I don’t like it when that term is used in a game I’m watching or listening to as a neutral and it annoys me when the term “good foul” is used to describe a hack or grab of the shirt to stop a counter attack, but then you think of the reaction a player would get from their manager and team mates if they just let the other player run past then in such circumstances.

It’s ingrained in the game that professionals have to behave a certain way and I’m sure both managers yesterday would have the backing and admiration of their teams for behaving like they did - the down side is that there’ll be a small number of dads who manage their kids under tens teams who’ll be thinking they’ll do a Conte or Tuchel next weekend.
    Give Tuchel a hoodie and a dog on a piece of string and he’s a ringer for an unfortunate malnourished person in a Queen St shop doorway. Loved the way you slipped ‘Pensioner’ into a Chelsea post. They’ll always be the Pensioners to me, we played the Blues on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Give Tuchel a hoodie and a dog on a piece of string and he’s a ringer for an unfortunate malnourished person in a Queen St shop doorway. Loved the way you slipped ‘Pensioner’ into a Chelsea post. They’ll always be the Pensioners to me, we played the Blues on Saturday.
    ''Give Tuchel a hoodie and a dog on a piece of string''

It was an interesting game tactically. Chelsea have the better players, but Spurs utilised their bench more effectively. Moving forward, I think Spurs will improve more than Chelsea, as they are bedding in a lot of new faces. It was noticeable with Son and Kane not being as fluid as they normally are.