+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well Said Steve Morison

Well Said Steve Morison

Re: Well Said Steve Morison

Dear me....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Opening line from journo - it’s my job to find a negative.

Gets put in place - I’m not trying to find a negative.

The standard of journalism at wol is utter garbage

He is a twitchy , grumpy git but that shouldn't bother anyone

He's had a pretty good start to the season and has brought in some very useful players

Bluebirds

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    The standard of journalism at wol is utter garbage
    Are these people responsible for the western mail and the Wales On Sunday ?

Because those two are complete cack

Who is SteMo talking to?

Remember Dave Jones and the media ?

Christ it was like pulling teeth watching him

I always liked Lennie Lawrence , cool as a fridge 😎

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Dear me....
    He could give you a million quid and you’d moan it wasn’t two.

Journalist lol

If he’s the guy who does the player ratings he can hardly string a sentence together.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Agree well said, our Striker doesn't need the media circus damaging his confidence further, I felt sorry for him, his runs were brilliant, he deserved that goal, and was very unlucky. I just hope he gets one quickly, and then we may see the best of him as the pressure is lifted.

We won the game, talk about how we dominated and how hard the players worked on one of the hottest football days for a decade or three!

I can't see the clip, is it the one of him shutting the journo down who's trying to pick holes in the striker situation? Great watch that- I bet the journo feels an absolute wally about it. Morison spoke brilliantly and shut him right down while backing the players too- exactly the reaction you'd hope to get from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    I can't see the clip, is it the one of him shutting the journo down who's trying to pick holes in the striker situation? Great watch that- I bet the journo feels an absolute wally about it. Morison spoke brilliantly and shut him right down while backing the players too- exactly the reaction you'd hope to get from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I was going to share the same clip from Twitter in order that more people could see it, however I've just gone on the OP's profile and it's been copyright-disabled unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    He could give you a million quid and you’d moan it wasn’t two.
    I’m not moaning. I think Morison‘s very entertaining. He’s almost as sensitive as you are (but not quite). His demeanour in press conferences is hilarious. He’s immediately on the defensive even when things are going well. It’s great fun to watch.

I also think the local press are an embarrassment. As often as not, their questions are pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    Well that isn’t true.

The journalist question was just stupid, opening by saying that he is looking for a negative, but Morison’s reply is equally daft saying that Watters was ‘unbelievable’ - he was poor by most peoples estimation, missed an absolute sitter AND was substituted at half time. 🤷*♂️ I’m all for sticking up for the players but tell the truth.

And Morison didn’t speak brilliantly and comes across as a quite inarticulate in fact. He is passionate and borderline angry which is fine by me as long as he manages well.

But he didn’t speak brilliantly.

The same journo has a headline on Wales online this morning with the words "Birmingham fallout" in it? I thought fall out was reserved for poor results?

Is Glen becoming Steve Morison's Steve Tucker who had such a joyus relationship with Dave Jones 😂😂

I’m not moaning. I think Morison‘s very entertaining. He’s almost as sensitive as you are (but not quite). His demeanour in press conferences is hilarious. He’s immediately on the defensive even when things are going well. It’s great fun to watch.

I also think the local press are an embarrassment. As often as not, their questions are pathetic.
    Kiss kiss

Well, this is entertaining. I'm going to stay here with my

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He is a twitchy , grumpy git but that shouldn't bother anyone

He's had a pretty good start to the season and has brought in some very useful players

Bluebirds
    He'd be good on yer with his twitchy grumpiness ...

I like his bluntness..

Journalists base click bait on negatives.

I guess your all aware Morisons behaviour is purposely delivered .

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Kiss kiss
    Did you stay in the sun too long this weekend? Baldies like us should wear hats in such circumstances.

a few years ago we hired a young manager, relatively inexperienced and female in a male dominated industry, she was actually really good at her job but for the first 6 months or so managed to piss off everyone she was working with, she seemed unnecessarily confrontational and very ambitious.

I was moaning about her to a Japanese lady I knew at the time and she mentioned a saying they have something along the lines of "when the eagle flies it hides it's talons, a smaller bird has them out". sure enough within a couple of months, and when she's was feeling more confident about her position she put her claws away and chilled the **** out.

I think that's probably part of the reason for the way Morison is with the media, when you're in your first job you're constantly under pressure, a run of defeats and that could be it for you as a manager.
    Someone like Warnock, who knows even if he gets the sack he's likely to have another 5 clubs lining up for them afterwards is obviously much more relaxed and affable with the press.

that said, I think that's only part of the reason, the main part is Morison is just a bit of a grumpy bastard.

I guess leaving school with one GCSE hasn't helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Well that isn’t true.

The journalist question was just stupid, opening by saying that he is looking for a negative, but Morison’s reply is equally daft saying that Watters was ‘unbelievable’ - he was poor by most peoples estimation, missed an absolute sitter AND was substituted at half time. 🤷*♂️ I’m all for sticking up for the players but tell the truth.

And Morison didn’t speak brilliantly and comes across as a quite inarticulate in fact. He is passionate and borderline angry which is fine by me as long as he manages well.

But he didn’t speak brilliantly.
    We'll agree to disagree then

I think it's refreshing, he just says pretty much what he wants.

Proof that what he says won't please everyone mind. Social media was mad at him for previous comments digging players out and now some are mad at him for say Max was unbelievable and defending him.

I don't think he was unbelievable but I also don't think he was that bad. I'm not sure he's at all suited to being a lone striker but his movement is very good.

If he slots that one on one away like he should have then he probably gets some very good ratings.

He didn't though and question marks rightfully still there.

Journo looking for a cheap score really, we all know we are light upfront. SM will know that more than anyone.