+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well Said Steve Morison

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    International

Re: Well Said Steve Morison

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It was a stupid way to introduce a question, no doubt about that, but the reaction was way over the top all the same. Morison often seems like he’s an ace away from a full-on meltdown when he’s dealing with the press and it’s difficult to understand why. After all, it’s not as if they give him a hard time. Far from it.

It’s a fascinating sideshow to an already interesting season.
    He's new to Management and inexperienced at media sessions and he's been caught out a few times speaking his mind and criticising players especially Watters.

I think he panicked a bit and thought it was a bit of an ambush question and wasn’t entirely sure how to answer it, so got spikey quickly as felt under pressure, it’s understandable really, it’s his weakest managerial aspect so far, but he'll get there and positive results will help.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He's new to Management and inexperienced at media sessions and he's been caught out a few times speaking his mind and criticising players especially Watters.

I think he panicked a bit and thought it was a bit of an ambush question and wasn’t entirely sure how to answer it, so got spikey quickly as felt under pressure, it’s understandable really, it’s his weakest managerial aspect so far, but he'll get there and positive results will help.
    I'm not sure I buy that, he's been involved in professional football for 20 years (including international and Premier League football), he'll have had media training. Like someone else said I think he's just a bit of a grumpy bastard

It's good that he's defending his players and it is a lot more enjoyable than the corporate nonsense that gets trotted out in football (including by Morison/the club when we sign someone), even if his style can be a little detrimental/odd at times

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm not sure I buy that, he's been involved in professional football for 20 years (including international and Premier League football), he'll have had media training. Like someone else said I think he's just a bit of a grumpy bastard

It's good that he's defending his players and it is a lot more enjoyable than the corporate nonsense that gets trotted out in football (including by Morison/the club when we sign someone), even if his style can be a little detrimental/odd at times

We can agree to differ, I think Management media sessions are completely different to player interviews twice a year where they say, yep I like smacked the fecker into the top corner, oops sorry for swearing im over the moon like, if we played like this every week we wouldn't be so inconsistant like

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    We can agree to differ, I think Management media sessions are completely different to player interviews twice a year where they say, yep I like smacked the fecker into the top corner, oops sorry for swearing im over the moon like, if we played like this every week we wouldn't be so inconsistant like
    You know I'm delighted to score but the most important thing is we got the three points like, it was tough cos they're a good team but the boys put in a shift and yeah we're all buzzing, you know fans were class and we got the win so yeah really happy

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    You know I'm delighted to score but the most important thing is we got the three points like, it was tough cos they're a good team but the boys put in a shift and yeah we're all buzzing, you know fans were class and we got the win so yeah really happy