It’s a different market now to the one Warnock completely ****ed up in 2019. The pandemic has changed the landscape in the Championship and you could argue not before time. Clubs were spending huge money that was unsustainable and giving out premier league wages to average players as they desperately gambled and chased the Premier League dream and the riches it brings.

There is very little money being spent even by the so called bigger players in the division this year. There’s no Fulham throwing big money at it for an instant return.

Aside from the 3 that come down and West Brom and Sheff U, who still have parachute payments, everyone else is in the same boat and seem to be cutting their cloth accordingly.

Therefore, I’m my opinion, of all the years to have a full rebuild of free / low transfers this a good year to be doing it.

Warnock was arguably better with free transfer than spending money but I think the game has passed him by now. That promotion he had with us in 2018 was a freak in hindsight. We’d have no doubt signed a load of players from his preferred agents and not signed with one eye on the future.