+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Souness

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Souness

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I only care about it in the context of this discussion, which you seem to care quite a bit about as well to be fair..

It's about news values, agendas and whether this occurs elsewhere on the BBC. Surprised you can't see that. This is an extreme example from one part of the website, but it is totally out of kilter with what is actually the news most rugby fans would be wanting to read.
    I’d read another website if something evoked that much annoyance in me tbh. The bbc website trying to cater to more people is something I agree with though but I wouldn’t care if it was any other website either because I know not everything is aimed at me.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    I’d read another website if something evoked that much annoyance in me tbh. The bbc website trying to cater to more people is something I agree with though but I wouldn’t care if it was any other website either because I know not everything is aimed at me.
    Don't worry, I will. But I care about the BBC and then the BBC becomes less relevant and the licence fee less justified. And that's the point, they aren't trying to cater to more people, they are catering to less, and it's a deliberate editorial decision to do so, and a pretty unwise one.

Maybe you aren't a rugby fan, but their coverage of the domestic game is pretty poor as it is, and evidently getting worse if people want to follow the mens professional game.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Don't worry, I will. But I care about the BBC and then the BBC becomes less relevant and the licence fee less justified. And that's the point, they aren't trying to cater to more people, they are catering to less, and it's a deliberate editorial decision to do so, and a pretty unwise one.

Maybe you aren't a rugby fan, but their coverage of the domestic game is pretty poor as it is, and evidently getting worse if people want to follow the mens professional game.
    How much less relevant can they get?