+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Souness

Souness

Apparently been on Talksport saying he doesn't regret his comments.
    Good on him, there's plenty of us blokes that are sick of the women's game being shoved down our throats.

Never the twain should meet.

Different levels of physicality and men's football should have that fiery edge to it.

Stick your women's football in the bin.

Whilst his comments were intended to be a reference towards the refereeing and physicality, it certainly seemed a veiled dig at the above and fair play to him. Many want to say it on TV but wouldn't have the balls.

Stick the women on a separate show, leave our side of the game alone.

Re: Souness

5 pager incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Good on him, there's plenty of us blokes that are sick of the women's game being shoved down our throats.

Different levels of physicality and men's football should have that fiery edge to it.

Whilst his comments were intended to be a reference towards the refereeing and physicality, it certainly seemed a veiled dig at the above and fair play to him. Many want to say it on TV but wouldn't have the balls.

All the best to them, but the media pretending the skill levels are comparible is nothing short of mass brainwashing. The standard is very poor and not a good spectacle in my opinion. I still believe the best male park side in Cardiff, would beat the new women's European champions. I'm not saying that out of malice towards the women, it's just a negative reaction to the mass brainwashing our media seem geared towards. Equality politics is a curse.

I can’t see anything wrong with what he said. He was in the studio to give his views and opinions on Chelsea MEN v Spurs MEN. It’s getting ridiculous now.

Shoved down our throats! change your nappy mate

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I can’t see anything wrong with what he said. He was in the studio to give his views and opinions on Chelsea MEN v Spurs MEN. It’s getting ridiculous now.
    Exactly.
    All these women trying to "cancel" him is ridiculous. If you want your own game and your own match of the day etc, crack on. We don't want to watch women commenting on the men's game, and the two are not comparable.

All this equality bollocks is being pushed too far and shoved down our throats.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Men/Masculinity is cancelled. Get with the programme girlfriend

International

Agreed if a woman gets smacked in the head with a blonde ponytail, and they say it's a ladies game get on with it, there will be no complants from me.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If you can't see that equality is indeed being shoved down our throats, especially where the football is concerned as a prime example, you need your head testing mate.

I've not heard anything about it tbh .i don't watch women's football. No need to blow it up in to a conspiracy theory akin to the deep state.

I don’t think there’s an issue with anything he said but it’s hilarious seeing the vitriol that women playing football generates (OP being one example). It’s not like they’re cancelling the mens game to replace it with the women.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    A willing victim of mass brainwashing laughing at a man with his own mind resisting it. Got to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I don’t think there’s an issue with anything he said but it’s hilarious seeing the vitriol that women playing football generates (OP being one example). It’s not like they’re cancelling the mens game to replace it with the women.
    You obviously haven't seen the outcry from usual suspects like Eniola Aluko then. She has form with getting people the sack.

I'm not complaining about the women playing football, I'm complaining that the two are being merged by the broadcasting corporations.

We don't want female ref's/lineswomen and we don't want females commentating or commenting on the men's game either.
    Just keep them separate and let them have their own fun. Simples.

International

I'm not complaining about the women playing football, I'm complaining that the two are being merged by the broadcasting corporations.

We don't want female ref's/lineswomen and we don't want females commentating or commenting on the men's game either.
    Wow what common sense, yes exactly it's not a mixed sex game so why mixed sex commentators?

Ex male players are experts and experienced at mens football, women ex players are experts and experienced and womens football!

I don't think Souness said anything wrong. I also certainly don't think he was trying to have a dig at womens football, as is being suggested by certain posters . Good on him for not apologising, but the anti womens football hysteria on this thread is as bad as the ridiculous reaction to souness's comments.

I do wonder though if the women's euros had a big impact on the administrators of the men's game. The lack of diving and the flow of the women's games was noticeable. Wouldn't be surprised if this was noted and has led to the refs being told to let the men's games flow more.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I've not heard anything about it tbh .i don't watch women's football. No need to blow it up in to a conspiracy theory akin to the deep state.
    It’s a few ex female players who appear to be doing that. Nothing to see here. Just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    I've read that the term "conspiracy theorist" was first dispersed into the American lexicon by the American deep state in order to disparage those citizens who deviate from the MSM narrative. Not sure if that is true or not. I wouldn't mind hearing from anyone with knowledge on the roots of this term.
    I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but there is clearly a concerted effort within the media to push the ideology of equality. The woman's game is part of that drive. The more we impose equality on an unequal natural world. The less free we become.

What’s wrong with female linesmen or refs? Or female commentators?
    I agree the quality of womens football is worse but gender doesn’t affect either of the above professions. Considering how often people moan about male refs perhaps some women would be a fresh change….

What’s wrong with female linesmen or refs? Or female commentators?
    I agree the quality of womens football is worse but gender doesn’t affect either of the above professions. Considering how often people moan about male refs perhaps some women would be a fresh change….
    If they'd have sprung a female ref on us out of the blue 30 years ago, there would have been uproar. Not because she can't do the job, but because the players and fans didn't want it!

You're missing the fact that it's been pushed on us over time, against the will of the masses!

Nothing wrong with wat he said. Like saying 'men against boys' in a one sided match. What he meant was 'it's a man's game'.....'not a boys game'.

I'd have zero problem if during the women's euros one of the commentators has said 'it's a women's game' meaning it's fulll blooded and not for girls.

However, I also have zero problem with female refs, assistants or commentators in the men's game. Let's all just take a common sense pill FFS.

This MB is going to the dogs. Lot’s of threads like this one, seems to spiral out of control in next to no time.. i’d guess the general census all over the UK is that Souness didn’t say anything out of line, and there’s nowt wrong with women’s football. End of really?