+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Souness

Re: Souness

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    So equality being SHOVED DOWN OUR THROATS = women’s football and women’s flipping CRICKET

You’re right, I’ve been done here, laughing at you for having a tantrum was so wide of the mark
    I'm just yawning at your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yes I have to agree with the flower man this place has become hysterical. I wish my muscle memory would stop me clicking on the web icon. Life’s too short to waste on here reading people getting hysterical for nothing.

Context is everything, Souness meant it was a man’s game from the physical aspect and in modern times we had somehow moved away from it with a lot of play acting, feigning injury.etc

He was commentating on a MENS football match played by 22 MEN. To suggest he was saying it’s a man’s game and therefore it’s not a woman’s game is an absolute nonsense.
    Aye Simon Jordan summed it up well like that on TS with Souness today. Nothing to see here let’s move along

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, they’re bringing in mixed games are they? Load of snowflakes feeling threatened for no reason.

I saw Souness’ comment, it was a poor phrase to use, especially with a woman who won close to three times the number of international caps he did sat next to him. The daft thing is that what Souness was saying had nothing to do with the women’s game, he was just trying to say he was pleased football had got its physicality back, but, by doubling down on his “it’s a man’s game” comment we’re now in a position where there are radio interviews taking place with women in football claiming he said mens football was better than the woman's game - he said no such thing, but he should have chosen his words better.
    If you’re going to make comparisons between the men and women pundits achievements prob best not to make them against Souness, he’s one of the most decorated players in the history of British football.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Aye Simon Jordan summed it up well like that on TS with Souness today. Nothing to see here let’s move along
    Historic tweet from Karen Carney

https://twitter.com/mcd20380/status/...IyHWo0NrKct-vQ

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Nothing against male/ female ref and linesmen cross over between mens and women’s games at all. However, female commentators who are currently on tv, who are mostly ex players, appear to know very little about the mens game and generally are extremely amateurish in their commentary, summing ups and analysis. If it wasn't for the fact that the BBC, ITV and Sky are desperately pushing the equality angle and the first two also desperate to try to conceal their lack of live mens football, they would be removed from duty quickly. If anyone dares to try to point this out, they are immediately castigated as mysogenistic or sexist. Karen Cairney's eye rolling yesterday in the background when Souness said what he did was very telling. What Souness said wasn't even in the context of him not being a fan of the women’s game but thats clearly how she took it. I am surprised that Sky didn't issue an immediate live apology. Its all totally ridiculous. They now don't even differentiate on air between mens and women’s results or transfer activity. They just leave it up to the viewers to work it out themselves.
    I know we disagreed the other day but I’m 100% with you on this one. BBC Sports webpage doesn’t discern between the leagues now and I’m often left wondering has someone signed a player I don’t know.

Women’s football, pundits, officials are fine but I can’t stand female or Scottish commentators, Pat Nevin (m) & I turn the radio off. Can’t stand Chris Sutton whilst I’m at it.

Motorcycle racing is a fully integrated sport, no differentiation, female presenters are knowledgeable and excellent. I just don’t see that in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    5 pager incoming
    I can't see it happening myself!

I'm sure this message board didn't used to be so full of grumpy old men

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I can't see it happening myself!
    I was waiting to see if anyone noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Did the commentator on Sunday add value, I think it would have been better if Gary Neville or Roy Keene were there to comment, I would have preffered to see what they had to say, I know them and remember them playing top level football, and they are very entertaining and add to the enjoyment.

Why change it, it's worked well for years, get the best commentators regardless of sex, but the best!
    Radio Wales have used a couple of female Welsh internationals at times for commentary and I think they've been very good indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    5 pager incoming
    Yep 5

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Differences in opinion are healthy, can you not see that?
    Not always. I don't quite follow that line.

100 years ago, the vast majority of people would have had the opinion that a woman's place is in the home. They would have also thought children should be seen and not heard.

Anyone who still has those opinions is now an utter knob. We're seeing issues like homosexuality and gender no longer bother younger people. In a couple of generations it would be great if people were seen just as people and not judged by issues such as that. Anyone who thinks homosexuality is a bad thing are so out of touch their opinions aren't worth anything as the world has moved on.

Having opinions is one thing. Having opinions that are valid is another. Hiding behind "it's my opinion, you need to accept that" when that opinion is a load of bollocks is one of the most frustrating aspects of conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Jason Mohammad talking about the Wales men's team,and now over to Wales leading goal scorer.I'm thinking Bale.No it's Jess Fishlock.
    What?!

Someone said recently that one of the female England players was closing in on Rooney’s all time England scoring record…….

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think it's more a case of a very small number of incels infecting this board. It may well only be 2 or 3 but using multiple log ins. The boards moderator has failed to spot this or, more likely, is supportive of their views. This thread sums up the consequence of his inaction.

The modern world terrifies them. Change is always bad and they feel threatened. They see conspiracy theories everywhere. They are the true snowflakes, scared of their own shadow.

Quite a few sane, sensible posters have left of late and I can't say I blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    I think it's more a case of a very small number of incels infecting this board. It may well only be 2 or 3 but using multiple log ins. The boards moderator has failed to spot this or, more likely, is supportive of their views. This thread sums up the consequence of his inaction.

The modern world terrifies them. Change is always bad and they feel threatened. They see conspiracy theories everywhere. They are the true snowflakes, scared of their own shadow.

Quite a few sane, sensible posters have left of late and I can't say I blame them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not always. I don't quite follow that line.

100 years ago, the vast majority of people would have had the opinion that a woman's place is in the home. They would have also thought children should be seen and not heard.

Anyone who still has those opinions is now an utter knob. We're seeing issues like homosexuality and gender no longer bother younger people. In a couple of generations it would be great if people were seen just as people and not judged by issues such as that. Anyone who thinks homosexuality is a bad thing are so out of touch their opinions aren't worth anything as the world has moved on.

Having opinions is one thing. Having opinions that are valid is another. Hiding behind "it's my opinion, you need to accept that" when that opinion is a load of bollocks is one of the most frustrating aspects of conversation.
    Eric, who brought up any of this??!
    Nobody says a woman's place is in the kitchen. Nobody says children should be seen, not heard. Nobody is being racist or homophobic ffs.....!
    Get a grip. People are entitled to opinions. If they don't match yours, it's ok.
    My opinion is that women are clearly physically inferior to men. Maybe in 100 years that may change, I know a few that could be mistaken for blokes
    The point is that the two variants of football should be kept separate. For now at least....

Women can have their football, I just don't feel they should be a part of the men's game. I'm sure they don't want Ian Wright being part of their game either!

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post

Wow, just wow!
    I'm not a multi-account holder. Nor am I a conspiracy theorist or "snowflake" as you put it

What's scary is that people like you have become so ingrained in this PC mentality that you can't stand it when someone else has a difference of opinion and wants to stand up to it!

I personally think the moderation of this board is excellent. If the boss and mods bent over for people like you, trust me... There would be nobody here!

Another thread where we have seen mental gymnastics on an elite Olympic level.

Nobody says a woman's place is in the kitchen. Nobody says children should be seen, not heard. Nobody is being racist or homophobic ffs.....!
    Get a grip. People are entitled to opinions. If they don't match yours, it's ok.
    My opinion is that women are clearly physically inferior to men. Maybe in 100 years that may change, I know a few that could be mistaken for blokes
    The point is that the two variants of football should be kept separate. For now at least....

Women can have their football, I just don't feel they should be a part of the men's game. I'm sure they don't want Ian Wright being part of their game either!
    I was just countering your opinion that differences of opinion are healthy. They can be sometimes, but not always. I don't believe anyone can hold any opinion about anything, especially when it can be proved that it's a load of utter bollocks or whether that opinion is hopelessly out of touch, no longer valid etc. In such cases, a difference of opinion is hardly healthy.

Why does their physical inferiority stop them being linesmen, refs and commentators? How does that diminish your enjoyment of a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Why does their physical inferiority stop them being linesmen, refs and commentators? How does that diminish your enjoyment of a game?
    It's not just their physical inferiority though is it? It's their tiny ineffectual brains. But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Again, I'm not suggesting they shouldn't do those jobs!
    My point is simple. Let them officiate the women's games. There are many men, probably quite a few ex players who didn't make it, had their careers cut short through injury etc, that would probably kill for those opportunities.
    It's not rocket science is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It's not just their physical inferiority though is it? It's their tiny ineffectual brains. But that's just my opinion.
    weird comment

Again, I'm not suggesting they shouldn't do those jobs!
    My point is simple. Let them officiate the women's games. There are many men, probably quite a few ex players who didn't make it, had their careers cut short through injury etc, that would probably kill for those opportunities.
    It's not rocket science is it?
    Maybe some even had their balls cut off? That's just my opinion.

Isn’t it the women who are grumpy in this instance

weird comment
    Oh FFS rjk!