Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
Yes and yes.

Money makes elite sport what it is. The billions upon billions of pounds invested in male football has made it the product that it is today.

The BBC is a public organisation and should be careful not to promote privately run organisations like the premier league more than they would the WSL based on the fact the PL currently offers a better standard of football due to decades of massive private investment.

It is funny how football is the game of the people when it suits people , but when it comes to matters of equality, a lot of the same traditionalists and so called working class heroes suddenly feel the need to dismiss half the population.

A lot of people on this thread just go to show that bigotry in football is alive and well.

What are you so scared of ? why can't you look beyond petty griped about the composition of the BBC's sports website. The content you want is there, just look for it and stop being such a "big girl".
You are seriously saying the BBC should not promote the Prermier league above and beyond the WSL? The BBC is a news organisation. It's not the UK Dept of Equality, and if it was it would be going about it in the wrong way anyway.

I'm not scared of anything thanks. I travelled across the country to watch a game at the recent Euros. I have two girls I've introduced to football and I support the growth of womens football.

What I dont support - in this instance - is the BBC ignoring the news that people want to read or is demonstrably bigger stories, and sacrificing that at the altar of a twisted version of equality. It won't work and the BBC will only be weaker for it.